Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help with a card (2006 TriStar Prospects)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0215264580

I have been collecting this set since it came out. It is rare that one is listed on ebay.

There are 13 patch cards listed as 2006 TriStar Prospects Plus ProTential Patches. Each of them is numbered to 25, but there is an error on each card that says that they are autographed, when really they are just a patch card. Hunter Pence is one of those patch cards.

There are 9 autographed patch cards, each numbered to 5. The backs are identical to the backs of the patch cards /25. I have a patch card and an autographed patch card of the Alex Gordon and Brad Lincoln. In both of them, the only difference is that the area where the sticker is placed is faded out on the autographed version. I will show scans of them later when I get home.

On the card in the ebay listing, it appears to me that someone has removed a sticker autograph from a random Pence auto, and placed it on the /25 patch card version of this card. Because the back of the card says it has an autograph, a buyer probably wouldn't question this.

I don't know this seller and am not accusing the seller of any wrong doing, but it clearly (to me) is an altered card. Should this be reported? Am I missing something?

David

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
This doesn't answer your question but it is a similar oroblem with 2008 prospects plus. There was a printing plate on eBay of the autograph card and it had an autographed sticker on it. It didn't say on the back or on Beckett that it should be autographed. IDK but it seems like the same situation as yours, someone peeled the sticker off an suit card and stuck it on the higher value card.

Members online