Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GU Bat Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
As a collector, would you care if the bat is cracked or not? Would you bid less or the same as an uncracked bat?

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
ronfromfresno said:
Doesn't matter to me, I'd pay the same for both.

same here. i'm not going to be using the bat for anything but IMO a cracked bat has more of a "game used feel" to it especially if you can see the sweet spot where the ball hit that cracked it.

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
LOL -- It's funny this thread popped up today. For the past few days I have been watching a cracked Travis Hafner gu bat from his rookie season with the Rangers, and just won it minutes ago. I have six other Hafner gamers, all of them uncracked. I prefer uncracked for their eye appeal, but the crack in the one I just picked up isn't too bad. As long as the bat isn't split in half or severely splintered I'm okay with it.

!BUEJFqw!mk~$(KGrHgoH-C4EjlLl0-E2BKLp1sRJzw~~_1.jpg

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I prefer cracked. But not when it effects the labeling or where player name is. Small handle cracks are preferred. I don't like it when bat has pieces missing. It is pretty split on guu board when this topic comes up. Seems it's almost 50/50. Main thing is the bat shows the players characteristics. Like pine tar amount they use. If player is a taper has what it should. Also must have have nice ball/seam marks. I don't like game used bats with light use.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
my son has 50 plus cracked bats and some not cracked . Most the players gave to him in last 12 years and we had them sign the bat . Now that he is batboy rules are he can't have any day he works .

Members online