Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Southern League All Star Rosters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Huntsville -- C Jonathan Lucroy, P Casey Baron, 2B Shane Justis, P Donovan Hand, P Robert Hinton, OF Adam Stern
Carolina -- P James Avery, OF Todd Frazier, P Jordan Smith, P Travis Wood*, UTL IF Zack Cozart
Chattanooga -- C Lucas May, 3B Josh Bell, P Matt Sartor, UTL OF Andrew Lambo
Tennessee -- 1B Blake Lalli, P Casey Coleman, SS Darwin Barney, P Jay Jackson, OF James Adduci, P Brian Schlitter
West Tenn -- OF Ezequiel Carrera, DH Marshall Hubbard

Three players were chosen to the team, but won't attend because they've either been promoted to Triple-A or will play in the July 12 Futures Game in St. Louis.

Huntsville -- OF Drew T. Anderson (promoted)
Carolina -- OF Chris Heisey* (Futures Game and promoted)
Chattanooga -- P Scott Elbert (promoted)

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
agreed

Sean Coughlin has slowly become my adopted prospect this year with Mobile. Really hoping that the mismanagement of baseball doesn't do him in. I pointed out to him during the last homestead that his batting stance reminds me of Julio Franco which is odd for just a big guy.

MattinglyAlexander

Dec 17, 2008
Knoxville, TN
19braves77 said:
mismanagement of baseball
That's a huge problem in the dbacks org. I really began to noice when their AA club was here in East TN. I really began to notice just how much baseball has become about business only like the others big sports. The big clubs want instant gratification and screw the fact that these are actual humans they are dealing with.

If the Dbacks had protected Dan Uggla from the Rule 5 draft, he'd probably be out of baseball now. Yeah, he's having a bit of a tough year avg. wise, but even the Dbacks org has admitted they screwed up when it comes to Uggla. How did they screw up? By jumping the favorite new TOP prospects past guys who've paid their dues.

I know it sounds silly to a lot of people... and I admit it IS business, but I'd like to know how many players who'd have been quality big leaguers, have had to let their dreams of being a big league player die because of "mismanagement of baseball "

Anyway, I'm hoping to get to see him again in August. I believe the BayBears head here then. :D Sorry for the image flood!

coughfront.jpgcoughback.jpg
coughlin1.jpg
coughlin2.jpg
coughlin3.jpg
Sean and his Father.
CoughlinFatherSM.jpg
AGCoulinsLARGE.jpg
agcoughlin1-1s.jpg

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
The South Roster:

Birmingham -- P John Ely, 2B C.J. Retherford*, P Fernando Hernandez, OF Stefan Gartrell, P Jhonny Nunez, UTL OF David Cook
Jacksonville -- C Brad Davis, P Kasey Olenberger, OF Lorenzo Scott, P Matt Peterson, P Graham Taylor, UTL IF Chris De La Cruz
Mobile -- 1B Sean Coughlin, P Barry Enright, 3B Ricardo Sosa, SS Pedro Ciriaco, OF Cyle Hankerd, DH Chris Rahl
Mississippi -- C J.C. Boscan, P Kyle Cofield, OF Matt Young
Montgomery -- P Jeremy Hellickson, P Eduardo Morlan

The Barons had an additional five who would have gone, but are playing in the Futures Game or have been promoted.

Birmingham -- 1B Brandon Allen (Triple-A), P Lucas harrell (Triple-A), P Brian Omogrosso (Triple-A), C Tyler Flowers* (Futures Game), 3B Dayan Viciedo (Futures Game)
Mobile -- C Orlando Mercado (Triple-A), P Jarrod Parker (Futures Game)
Mississippi -- P Jonny Venters (Triple-A)
Montgomery -- CF Desmond Jennings (Futures Game), 1B Rhyne Hughes (Triple-A)

Members online

Latest posts