Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did a signing with a few Cape Guys tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
So some may have heard me talk about working with the Cape league, and specifically the Falmouth Commodores. Well tonight I got to sit down with a few of our former AFLAC guys and had them sign their AFLACs that I had picked up during the off season. Figured I would share some scans of some of them with everyone.

hunteraflac.jpg

Hunter signed 10 of the AFLACs tonight, and Evan Danielli signed 8.

hunteraflac1.jpg

It was funny both of them were like "They told us we had to sign them like this originally." I went with black Bic Marks a lot since they don't pool on the cards like sharpies. Also went with black ones so people can't try to sell these off as pack pulled some day. We are still working a way to authenticate everything, maybe holograms and COA's soon.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Good move on the Black. Although Blue traditionally looks better, it's nice you are keeping your eye out to avoid any issues.

Good for you.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Ian Stewart said:
Good move on the Black. Although Blue traditionally looks better, it's nice you are keeping your eye out to avoid any issues.

Good for you.

Hunter will be signing quite a few of his Team USA cards in blue. He already said to get as much as I can, and he will sit down for a half hour and hammer it all out. Everything about the kid just says "Professional Baseball Player." He has only been in my town for a few days, but is willing to do everything he can to help the team out. The bats he has with him that he is using were given to him by Carlos Quentin. I guess something was wrong with a shipment for Carlos, so he gave them all to Hunter.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
NICE, Did you have to prep the cards at all? The sigs look great.

Nothing at all, just used the Bic Permanent Marker. They sign fantastic. Hunter actually commented on that he said he has seen cards he signed at Auburn that by the time he finished the ink was all pooled up and barely legible.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Wait till I have everything archived at the end of the season. The game used stuff is great. I think my favorite thing so far is I helped a kid on the team fix his cell phone, and he broke his bat in the 9th inning saturday at a game I watched with my dad on a hit to tie the game and cap a 5 run comeback. I have the bat now, and he's signing it any day.

Oh yeah and I have this bat......

576043764_062009-044.jpg

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ryanhoward06 said:
Great stuff Beefy.

You should see if you can get one of the guys to do a blog for this site or something.

I will be doing a few larger signings with Hunter and Cecil, probably will interview and video tape that.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
pujolsnet said:
You seem rather creepy with all this, I mean really...

With all what? I'm in charge of archiving stuff for a Cape League team...... What is creepy about that? People do it for major league teams, are they creeps?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Figured I would just add to this thread as I do more signings through the year.

tanner1.jpg

Cecil signed 46 of the Team USA 08 cards in black for me

tanner2.jpg

We did one in gold.

tanner3.jpg
tanner4.jpg

2 in Silver.

tanner.jpg

He also signed 10 in Blue. Hunter Morris is sitting down and signing a lot of cards tomorrow for me. Will be recording a podcast episode with him while he does as well. Also if anyone is ever interested in any of these we will be selling them for a donation to the Falmouth Commodores Organization.

rookieautos

Jul 9, 2009
beefycheddar said:
Wait till I have everything archived at the end of the season. The game used stuff is great. I think my favorite thing so far is I helped a kid on the team fix his cell phone, and he broke his bat in the 9th inning saturday at a game I watched with my dad on a hit to tie the game and cap a 5 run comeback. I have the bat now, and he's signing it any day.

576043764_062009-044.jpg
Is that Esposito?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
rookieautos said:
beefycheddar said:

576043764_062009-044.jpg
Is that Esposito?

Yeah, he actually signed the bat tonight, I'll have to take bat pictures tomorrow.

rookieautos

Jul 9, 2009
beefycheddar said:
rookieautos said:
beefycheddar said:

576043764_062009-044.jpg
Is that Esposito?

Yeah, he actually signed the bat tonight, I'll have to take bat pictures tomorrow.
Nice, I went to two games over 4th of July weekend, one in Falmouth against Yarmouth-Dennis and an away game in Bourne, really fun and got some nice pics as well.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
rookieautos said:
beefycheddar said:
rookieautos said:
beefycheddar said:

576043764_062009-044.jpg
Is that Esposito?

Nice, I went to two games over 4th of July weekend, one in Falmouth against Yarmouth-Dennis and an away game in Bourne, really fun and got some nice pics as well.

You had to have seen me. I was leaning on the Commodores dugout the entire game with my fiancee.

Members online

Latest posts