Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

what should razor product #3 look like?????

what is your vote for Razor product #3?????

• Razor product that is ultra high end (like exquisite) with on-card autos- would be dated 2009

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
PLEASE follow up vote with more thoughts/ideas... Thanks in advance...

ultra high end would be cool gu/auto gu/patch very low #'ered with low case production.

Chrome like items would be 2-4 autos per box!..

thanks for help!

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
My vote is for Chrome with on card auto's. I think the lower the price point the better and more people will bust it.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Chrome with on card autos would be great. If you do make refractor parallels, don't create 7 different kinds like Topps does already.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It should be noted that the players included in product #3 will contain 2008 draft picks even though it might be considered a 2009 product.

For that reason alone, I choose option 2.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Jaypers said:
It should be noted that the players included in product #3 will contain 2008 draft picks even though it might be considered a 2009 product.

Did you happen to think about how much better the first set would sell if option #2 was going to be the third product?

On-Card autos vs. chrome w/ sticker autos

We have seen how that sells on the market with BC autos vs Sterling autos, so what makes product #3 even worth buying if that's the case?

Being 2008, it would have mostly the same players that the first product had. The consumer draw is completely void.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
NECpilgrims8 said:
Jaypers said:

Did you happen to think about how much better the first set would sell if option #2 was going to be the third product?

We have seen how that sells on the market with BC autos vs Sterling autos, so what makes product #3 even worth buying if that's the case?

Being 2008, it would have mostly the same players that the first product had. The consumer draw is completely void.

My reasoning was based purely on 1st year autos vs. 2nd year autos, not for asthetic purposes.

In a perfect world, Brian would be able to make on-card autos and keep the year as 2008, but apparantly since that's not an option, I believe the year makes more of a difference. Obviously I'm in the minority, and I'm fine with that.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Ouch. Is there a good option in the bunch?

Exquisite: Just like it's UD counterpart - Not "true" rookie cards, so all the bells and whistles you throw in aren't very meaningful.
Sterling (Chrome with Stickers): I guess the best option, but I'd prefer a nice clean on card autograph base card than paying more for chrome + sticker.
Chrome: Just like BC with 2nd year autos.

I guess this makes me a little happier about the box I'm getting of Signature Series knowing that there won't be another razor product to blow it out of the water.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
My vote was punched for the high-end Exquisite like product.

1) There is no room in the hobby for the continuance of anything but on-card autographs.
2) A high SRP product will limit the amount of people able to break, but there always seems to be enough collectors to do it with crummy UD & Topps products.
3) Everyone loves low numbered, on-card auto'd, patch cards.

I worry about multiple Razor releases of essentially the same product. All Razor has is prospects--no vets, no Hall of Famers, just prospects. How many sets can be put together with the names (some GREAT names) you've signed without the Razor product line melding into one? In the end it could come down to a logjam of cards for the same players, just different years...2008...2009...

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
I was under the impression that product #3 was already slated to be Exquisite-like? I also thought it was going to be dated 2008. Regardless, I choose option #1. That's the product that actually excited me, and I've been saying for a while now that I'd love to see a prospect product with big patches, barrels, logos. I'll definitely be looking to buy super high-end cards of the Razor guys I like, especially if there is base RC's or parallels with big patches and autographs.

G

All In Cards said:
My vote is for Chrome with on card auto's. I think the lower the price point the better and more people will bust it.
I agree here.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Jaypers said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Jaypers said:

My reasoning was based purely on 1st year autos vs. 2nd year autos, not for asthetic purposes.

In a perfect world, Brian would be able to make on-card autos and keep the year as 2008, but apparantly since that's not an option, I believe the year makes more of a difference. Obviously I'm in the minority, and I'm fine with that.

I agree. Which would the average collector prefer: 2008 Upper Deck USA Patch Auto or 2009 Razor Patch Auto? The UD has not only name brand going for it, but it's the correct year too. That's one more thing for Razor to overcome. I say save the Exquisite brand for next years draft class and do it right.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I also voted for an Exquisite type product.

For patch cards, maybe do actual game used Letterman. Have redemptions for full jerseys or full game used letterman name plates or something along those lines.

On card autos are definitely the way to go. I'm not so concerned with the cards being player touched and all, but it looks better than a sticker, unless of course you incorporate the sticker into the card. Make the entire design work together.

Low numbered is always good. Topps and UD have been killing the market with 1/1s though. M&M and the SPX have saturated the market. As I mentioned with the letterman, that would be a good 1/1 as opposed to a card with the same picture as the base with a 1/1 stamp on it.

Joe

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Brett Keith said:
I was under the impression that product #3 was already slated to be Exquisite-like? I also thought it was going to be dated 2008. Regardless, I choose option #1. That's the product that actually excited me, and I've been saying for a while now that I'd love to see a prospect product with big patches, barrels, logos. I'll definitely be looking to buy super high-end cards of the Razor guys I like, especially if there is base RC's or parallels with big patches and autographs.

will you care about them being 2009 cards?

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
cgilmo said:
Brett Keith said:

will you care about them being 2009 cards?

Nope. The Razor exclusive guys are ofcourse, only going to be in Razor. So if a 2009 product comes out at the beginning of the year, not that long after the 2008 stuff, and it features the best cards going of the Razor exclusive guys, I don't think people will care that it's technically 2nd year. So as long as this Exquisite-like product isn't released well after the 2008 stuff, and it's really nice, I think it will do well and I'll be interested. This is coming from a Razor skeptic. Once Razor gave details on the third product, my interest for the 1st went from a little low to very low, because if I'm going to buy into a new, untested brand, I'm going for the best, the product like none other in the prospect market.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Jaypers said:

This crossed my mind as well, though I still voted for option #3. Chrome + on-card autos is a great combination. I almost want to say option #2 would be better because otherwise a lot of these cards might end up being 2nd year cards.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
If Razor is looking to directly compete (or surpass) the Bowman brand, it needs to keep pack prices down. That's the main point of the Bowman releases, lots of prospects at a low cost. If there are multiple autos per box, it just makes it one step ahead.

Besides, the high-end stuff gets old quick. Aren't all the new Topps high end products looking more and more like triple threads? Aren't all UD high end products a 1 in 50 shot of pulling a decent hit comparible to the pack price?

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I voted for the Exquisite-type but one question...does Razor have any chance of getting autographs of current players too? The thing that makes Exquisite basketball so great is you can pull a hot RC Auto patch and 3 cards later hit an autograph of MJ, Lebron, Magic, Bird, etc. Rookies/prospects can NOT sustain an exquisite type product, but if you found a way to get modern and retired autographs in there somehow, then I would consider buying (which is saying a lot because I don't plan on buying any of the first two products).

Members online

Latest posts