Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone else see the Mets game/Game Highlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
I was watching the highlights. Something is seriously wrong with that team. F-Mart looked pathetic out there when he slid and dropped an easy popup, Santos mishandled a ball that should have been caught, which gave up a run, and then Santana threw away the ball. I wonder if the team is on pace for setting the record of most Errors in a season. No disrespect in this post, I have nothing against the Mets.

there playing with a 4th string team. give them a break. They lost their leadoff hitter who should be playing SS. They lost their Cleanup hitter who should be playing 1B. They lost their number 3 Hitter who should be playing CF. They also lost 2 of their Top Starters.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
F-Mart falling was one of the most epic fails I have ever seen in a baseball game. Absolutely face planted, ::facepalm:: , right into the ground. Hilarious :lol:

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
MallCopKJ said:
F-Mart falling was one of the most epic fails I have ever seen in a baseball game. Absolutely face planted, ::facepalm:: , right into the ground. Hilarious :lol:

ever?

honestly?

Most guys catch routine fly balls not face plant, right? With the exception of Jose Canseco getting drilled off the head how many times do you see a basic play end with something ugly in the Majors.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
MallCopKJ said:
ThoseBackPages said:
MallCopKJ said:

ever?

honestly?

Most guys catch routine fly balls not face plant, right? With the exception of Jose Canseco getting drilled off the head how many times do you see a basic play end with something ugly in the Majors.
I think the Canseco play you speak of was a much bigger fail. However, I do think the F-Mart was a huge fail.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
MallCopKJ said:
ThoseBackPages said:
MallCopKJ said:

ever?

honestly?

I guess it depends on how much baseball a person watches/tracks a year.

I will agree it was a bad play, but far from even being the worse mets blunder of 2009
That goes to Jenny Castillo a few weeks back at the Yankees Cathedral

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I suppose its funnier to me today because I was at a little league game Sunday where basically the same play happened. Granted the kid was 9 it was still ugly. Watching a guy in the Majors do the same thing to me ='ed big fail.
alg_mets.jpg

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Thinking about it some more, the Braun bases loaded check swing double over Sheffield's head and wound up scoring from a series of blunders is more of a "fail"

Members online