Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1993 Pinnacle Joe Dimaggio Auto... ARRIVED w/ SCAN!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
I'd say this was money well spent!

93PinnacleJoeDiMaggioAuto.jpg

Hey all,

I'm looking to pick up one of these 1993 Pinnacle Dimaggio Autos. I know they are an odd shaped card and this is a concern of mine. Finding a case to fit it in could be a pain. I saw a few that were graded and encased and that seems to be the way to go. But the ones I meant to bid on ended last night and there are none on ebay now. That basically leaves my options to either:
a) a raw version or
b) an unopened box.

Either way I'd have to send it in to get graded myself. I'm not super concerned with the condition of the card, as long as there are no huge issues. I'm more concerned with the condition of the auto. Its seems the unopened boxes are actually cheaper. Are there issues with the condition of the cards coming from the unopened boxes?

Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks!!

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Re: Questions about 1993 Pinnacle Joe Dimaggio Auto...

I bought an unopened box, and the auto looks great. I don't know why the unopened boxes are so cheap.

Maybe you should consider getting it authenticated and not graded if you're not concerned about the grade.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI

D&A Card World has been posting these in their weekly specials email that I get, so I think they have them available.

Here ya go: http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-cards ... box-1-of-5

(They have them by the case, or by the set. The case you get all 5 of the Dimaggio autos)

xcantgobackx said:
Hey all,

I'm looking to pick up one of these 1993 Pinnacle Dimaggio Autos. I know they are an odd shaped card and this is a concern of mine. Finding a case to fit it in could be a pain. I saw a few that were graded and encased and that seems to be the way to go. But the ones I meant to bid on ended last night and there are none on ebay now. That basically leaves my options to either:
a) a raw version or
b) an unopened box.

Either way I'd have to send it in to get graded myself. I'm not super concerned with the condition of the card, as long as there are no huge issues. I'm more concerned with the condition of the auto. Its seems the unopened boxes are actually cheaper. Are there issues with the condition of the cards coming from the unopened boxes?

Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008

Wow, I'm so tempted to buy one...

Andy. With the Grading issue. IF you think the card will not grade high, usually 9 At least, opt to get the card authenticated by beckett. I did that with the Jordan auto i recently bought. It is encased, authenticated and they grade the auto. And you cant beat the protection issue. Let me know if you plan on gettin the Dimaggio graded. I have a signed mantle card comin in the mail and i plan on submitting it to BGS. So let me know. Maybe we can submit a bulk order.

Donnie

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008

How much was a set back in 1993?

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey

17ROCKIES12 said:
How much was a set back in 1993?

I know I saw one of these for $200 back then. I believe in the neighborhood of $200 to $350 back then. That was a product that had a strange release; very under-radar, you know.

Back then that the DiMaggio Score autocards used to get $300 and up.

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass

WOW, so he signed 9000 cards for this release. I couldn't imagine signing all those - not to mention all the other things he was signing at the time.

Just picturing 3 of the 3000 ct boxes arriving at my house to be signed would drive me crazy.

Wonder what he got paid for all that

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York

zep33 said:
WOW, so he signed 9000 cards for this release. I couldn't imagine signing all those - not to mention all the other things he was signing at the time.

Just picturing 3 of the 3000 ct boxes arriving at my house to be signed would drive me crazy.

Wonder what he got paid for all that

Mantle signed a ton more than that while he was an Upper Deck Mule

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore

MaineMule said:
lisu said:
xcantgobackx said:
I just hit the BIN on one! Had to do it!

Me too...for $160 delivered.

$164.95 now....hmm, did you have a coupon of some sort??

http://cgi.ebay.com/1993-Pinnacle-Joe-D ... tsupported

http://cgi.ebay.com/1993-Pinnacle-Joe-D ... tsupported

Those are still 160. They probably have more back stock of the othersand just listed the ones we bought earlier today higher for whatever reason.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN

I wish I had some extra money. I'd definitely buy one of those, if not 2 or 3. Oh well. One of these days. :D

Members online

No members online now.