Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is your favorite player you've seen in the minor leagues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubsfan2513

Jan 22, 2009
Omaha, NE/Chicago, IL
I just found out that Alex Gordon will be coming to Omaha to play for the AAA Omaha Royals in his rehab assignment. Im pretty pumped that the player I collect will finally be coming to Omaha since he jumped AAA when he went to the pros.

This made me wonder, who is the best player/favorite player that you have seen play in the minor leagues? It can be before they made it to the bigs or when they came down after an injury.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
We never get rehabs in Mobile due to the airport not being efficient enough for teams. I think the biggest name we have seen in the past 5 years rehabbing is between John Thompson and Brandon Morrow.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Easy. Tom Seaver.

Back in 1987, Dwight Gooden had tested positive for cocaine (the first time) and was rehabbing. David Cone broke his pinkie finger trying to bunt, and Bob Ojeda was on the shelf as well. Rick Aguilera, then a starter (who went 11-3 in 1987) was having problems with his arm too. The Mets, desperate for starting pitching, contacted Seaver about possibly joining the team. He had finished 1986 with the Red Sox (Seaver got the loudest cheer from Shea when he was announced during the 1986 World Series), but hurt his knee and missed the playoffs. Now, the Mets needed him, and he agreed to test his knee out with an exhibition start against their AAA team, the Tidewater Tides.

As was the custom, the Mets and Tides played one 7-inning game each year, and Seaver suited up as the starting pitcher for the Mets. He did not do well, facing 16 batters and allowing 8 hits and 7 runs in 2 innings. However, I was a batboy for the Tides and got to see my 2nd favorite pitcher (after Gooden) in the uniform of my favorite team, pitching against the players I had gotten to know. And I got his autograph ("To David, Best Wishes, Tom Seaver") on an official International League ball, which is sitting just above me right now at my work desk. So not only did I get to see him pitch, I got to meet him and shake his hand.

David

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
These are all guys I've seen play for Jamestown Expos/Jammers:

Randy Johnson (By far my favorite)
Andres Galarraga
Delino DeShields
Chris Volstad
Logan Morrison

There are many more I could list, but these are my top 5.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Matt Capps / Nyjer Morgan.
Have seen ; jeter ,Carlos Lee ,Magglio and all others that have played in South Atlantic League last 17 years.

Members online

Latest posts