Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My first pickup thread in a few months.....I'm back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Hello everyone. After taking a lengthy hiatus on here for a few months, I am glad to say things are better and I'm getting back into cards. Pickups have been very slim for me as I had to step away from cards but I thought I would show you a few things I have recently picked up thanks to a good friend of mine locally. I also picked up a new piece of steel for all of you gun collectors out there. Hope you enjoy

First of all, I was sent a few boxes of Finest to bust from a buddy of mine. He has always been a real pal and he has tried to keep me in the loop on new stuff coming out. He also sent me some Razor Sports Icons boxes to break. What a standup guy!

july09050.jpg
july09051.jpg

I also hit a nice patch card from SPX in a pack that was given to me by another buddy that I did some work for.
Scan10309.jpg

Here are the results of my three boxes of Sports Icons
Bob Cousy auto /49
july09047.jpg

and a dual /25 of Isiah Thomas and Charlie Gehringer
july09048.jpg
july09049.jpg

and the biggie that I was most pleased with......

another dual!!!!

#'d to 10!!! 1 of 10 to be precise!!

july09046.jpg
july09045.jpg

And now for the steel. I have had a Beretta 92FS 9mm pistol for a while now that I have carried on me especially with me getting off late at night. After a recent scare at home with a prowler beating on the door and trying to break in, I wanted my wife to have something at the house to protect herself as well as something I could carry with me. So I got my permits and went out in search of a new pistol. After searching for a few weeks and doing my homework, I decided on a Smith & Wesson Military & Police .357 Sig semi auto pistol. It is becoming a comparable pistol to the Glock lines and Springfield XD series pistols. What was cool was that it already had Trijicon Night Sights already installed on it. It is really nice and I think that in time, it will hold its own against some of the more popular semi autos on the market!

Here are a couple of pics of my new steel.....

newsteel002.jpg
newsteel003.jpg

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
Well about time brian wondering where you went. So how are things going, why did you stop coming here for awhile? Btw very nice pickups.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Nice stuff but I'd rather go with a Taurus Judge.Neighbor has one that shoots 4-10 shot gun shells.The ballistics are crazy.One shot and someone's face blows apart.Not necessarily the best gun for a woman but hey...it does the job.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

the Gretzky/Howe dual was well worth the wait to see it. make sure you show it on the hockey board too in case people don't see it here.

the Smoltz is very nice as well.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Why did you decide on the S&W? I just applied for my carry permit and when I get it I am going to buy my new pistol. I was thinking a glock 23. How big is that gun compared to the 23? One thing I need to think about is my wife is only 5' tall and petit so a big gun is out of the question. Oh by the way nice cards.

mr148927

Aug 8, 2008
boston
Great cut autos from razor!!!!! i am a sig sauer guy myself... although i do like s&w, love the compactness of sig, and just a great weapon...

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Thanks for the kind words fellas. I really appreciate it. The cards are nice. But from my hiatus, I have learned that cards can live without me and I can live without cards. It is just a hobby and its trivial, especially when your life gets turned upside down.

Logan, I'll have to send you a PM telling you about my troubles. Its nothing really bad, but just some family stuff I had to take care of.

As for the firearm questions, I decided to go with the S&W because it fit well in my hand and it felt "right". Glocks have a really pitched out rear handle and it feels wierd when I grab and then aim. It feels like it is rolling my hand down and forward if that makes any sense. The M&P just fits and has interchangable grips. I also liked the price point as well. Folks down here think VERY highly of Sigs and the Glocks are a tad overpriced as well. I got a helluva deal on it as I know the gunshop owner fairly well. I also liked the fact that this gun came with Trijicon sights already on it and that was one thing that I was looking for. Everyone that has had them has told me they are worth having.

Members online

Latest posts