Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

0 feedback ebay seller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
trying to buy something for 200......how do i go about doing this without being screwed?

If i get a better deal off ebay will paypal protection still apply?

thanks!

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Make sure you use your visa card so that if something bad happens you can do a chargeback. If you use your visa you will always be protected whether it's on ebay or not.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
trevordchi said:
Make sure you use your visa card so that if something bad happens you can do a chargeback. If you use your visa you will always be protected whether it's on ebay or not.

That is what I hear....what if I have a few hundred in paypal currently....do I just blow the balance so then it gives me the option to pay with my ATM/VISA debit check card?

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
EricInCT said:
trevordchi said:

That is what I hear....what if I have a few hundred in paypal currently....do I just blow the balance so then it gives me the option to pay with my ATM/VISA debit check card?

If you have your paypal account linked to a checking account you can transfer your balance to the linked account, pay with your credit card, then cancel the transfer.

Not sure why you would want money in the paypal account though. Nothing good can come from having money in there.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
trevordchi said:
This is good advice.

You will still be protected under PayPal's policy, and they will go after your balance. The only problem though is that if the other guy's account doesn't have the balance (like he spent it or withdrew it), then you are SOL.

If you use your credit card, you can always have them reverse it. Often (from what I hear), if you let PayPal know that you're going to have your cc company get involved to reverse the charge, PayPal will just give you that amount back into your balance.

starwarsfan2003

Dec 4, 2008
I dont think you need to worry about this anymore, as selling terms for new buyers do NOT release the funds to the seller until positive feedback is left for the transaction. I found out about this a month or so ago when a new seller (sub 50 feedback) asked me to leave him feedback so he could have the funds released by Ebay/Paypal.

I recommend checking Ebay selling rules for new sellers. It might alleviate some of the old misconceptions we have about buying from 0 feedback/low feedback sellers. Good luck.

EDIT: To be on the safe side, always use a credit card to pay, just in case Im completely wrong on this.