Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals BGS Question Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
I was wondering about the BGS grading at the Nationals.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they encapsulate on the spot at the nationals, right?
I was also wondering whether or not they offer a same day service. I will only be able to make it for like 4 hours (Saturday of the Nats).

Thanks in advance for all of your help,
JG

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Anyone know? I pm'ed gilmore, but i guess he didn't know because I did not receive a reply. So, i figured someone else on here may be able to help.

Thanks!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
It all depends on their current workload as to how quickly you receive the cards back.

That said, 4 hours is doubtful.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
It all depends on their current workload as to how quickly you receive the cards back.

That said, 4 hours is doubtful.
Darn. Can they encapsulate it then ship to my house?

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Yeah, i think it depends on how many are before you. Four hours may be cutting it close. What does a same day on site cost per card. Has too be very spendy.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Yeah, i think it depends on how many are before you. Four hours may be cutting it close. What does a same day on site cost per card. Has too be very spendy.
I'm not sure, but it's an 800 dollar card, so with that being said, IMO it needs to be encapsulated.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
They offer a front of the line service called "while you wait" which costs $50 per card. This usually takes 30 minutes.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
JVC said:
They offer a front of the line service called "while you wait" which costs $50 per card. This usually takes 30 minutes.
Is that worth it? Sounds really expensive, lol.

JG

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Honestly for a front of line on a 800 dollar card 50 sounds fair
you get to skip line and they will attend to you if thats gets you in and out in an hour i would do it

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
craiger122003 said:
you get to skip line and they will attend to you if thats gets you in and out in an hour i would do it
+1

+2

Is it a real $800 card... or a $800 prospect card? Cuz we have seen in the past what those prices do. Delmon Young? Felix Hernandez? Jay Bruce? Alex Gordon? If it is a really hyped player now.... odds are the price will drop and that $800 card will be $350 or lower if he doesnt live up to the hype. And if its Bryce Harper... cash in now before more cards come out.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
I have never been.....but my advice is grab breakfast and get there an hour before the doors open, i still think 50 people will be in front of you but it ill increase your chances.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
[quote="Pine Tar":15gm32wn]
craiger122003 said:
+1

+2

Is it a real $800 card... or a $800 prospect card? Cuz we have seen in the past what those prices do. Delmon Young? Felix Hernandez? Jay Bruce? Alex Gordon? If it is a really hyped player now.... odds are the price will drop and that $800 card will be $350 or lower if he doesnt live up to the hype. And if its Bryce Harper... cash in now before more cards come out.[/quote:15gm32wn]
It's not a prospect card, and I don't think the time to sell would be now. Regardless, I'd like to keep the card in my PC for now.

JG

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
EricInCT said:
I have never been.....but my advice is grab breakfast and get there an hour before the doors open, i still think 50 people will be in front of you but it ill increase your chances.
That's a good call, but I'm unsure yet if I want to spend a full day at the show. I'll have to see then, I guess.

Thanks.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
EricInCT said:

That won't do much good if you're trying to beat the BGS line. Even if you're first in line on the Wednesday the show opens, you'll still be way behind all of the dealers who get to submit their cards on Tuesday or in the 7 hours before the show opens to the public on Wednesday.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
trademhigh said:
JVC said:
Is that worth it? Sounds really expensive, lol.

JG

That's not bad considering it will cost you $25 to get it encapsulated there anyways.

Members online