Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

All Star Picks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joeed10

Aug 10, 2008
I know theres been a couple of threads but with the selections tomorrow who do you thinks on it? Who are some of the lower teams reps?

AL
C - Mauer - V-Mart
1B - Tex,Youk, Miggy, Morneau, Pena - who gets left off? I figure Morneau and Pena.
2B - Kinsler or Pedroia starting? Hill and Cano as backups...
SS - Jeter, Bartlett, Scutaro. I doubt all 3 make it sorry Scutaro
3B - Longoria. Maybe Rolen. A-rod will probably slide in someway. I'd like Young to beat out Rolen and A-rod
OF - Hamilton(will he still play since been injured most of year), Ichiro, Bay, Crawford, Cruz, maybe Granderson, Hunter, Dye
Pitchers - Holladay, Grienke, Felix, Verlander, Beckett, Slowey, Buehrle, Weaver, maybe Porcello or Jackson, Fuentes, Rivera, Nathan, Sherrill(O's Rep), Bailey(A's Rep)

NL
C- Yadi, McCann, Benji Molina
1B - Albert - Howard, Fielder,Gonzalez, Votto(Reds Rep?) hate to see Votto make it with only playing half season
2B - Utley, Sanchez(Pirates rep)
SS - Hanley/J-Roll, Tejada, Guzman hitting decent but dont see Nat's getting him in
3B - Wright...Sandoval, Zimmerman, Chipper(needs to make it couple times to finish career), Reynolds may slide in for HR's
OF - Ibanez, Beltran, Braun, Dunn, Pence, Kemp, Upton, Bruce(Reds Rep if not Votto), Hawpe(Rockies Rep)
Pitchers -Cain, Lincecum, Santana, Billingsly, Marquis(Rockies Rep if not Hawpe), Cueto(Reds Rep), Haren, Josh Johnson, Gallardo, Bell, K-Rod, Cordero(Reds), Wilson, Broxton, Hoffman(one last time), Street(Rock's Rep), Vazquez

Several lower level teams have 3 or 4 options that may make as their rep.

Joeed10

Aug 10, 2008
cowboysrule48 said:
Zobrist will make it in over Cano. Other than that, looked pretty solid!

I meant to put Zorbist in there to and forgot him, that could be a good race.

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
Joeed10 said:
jjj7880 said:
Hopefully Zach Duke squeezes in there.

I like Duke and he was on my border for making it in.

If he has a real good game today and gets win #9 and goes 7+ and gives up 2 or less runs today do you see him getting in?

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
The sad thing is, in his 6 losses the Pirates have scored a whopping 5 runs for him...

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
notoriousrmb said:
Ryan Franklin over any of the NL relievers listed there. No one realizes how great of a season he is having.

Ryan Franklin IS having a great year. But in my mind, right now, he is tied with Hoffman for the best closer in the NL; provided you toss out the two moronic instances where Macha put him in in the non-save situations ::facepalm::

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
between Hawpe, Street, Marquis....doubt more than one makes it

same with Mrk B/J Dye situation

think maybe FCordero only Reds since Votto = out for a while and Bruce avg blows

only one Detroit SP (Verlander)

If a pitcher is quetionable on a list and there already = rep from that team, that pitcher will mist likely get bounced

They wil take a closer over adding a 2nd or 3rd rep who is borderline

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
kentuckyderby said:
between Hawpe, Street, Marquis....doubt more than one makes it

same with Mrk B/J Dye situation

think maybe FCordero only Reds since Votto = out for a while and Bruce avg blows

only one Detroit SP (Verlander)

If a pitcher is quetionable on a list and there already = rep from that team, that pitcher will mist likely get bounced

They wil take a closer over adding a 2nd or 3rd rep who is borderline

I really think Edwin Jackson will make the team.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
MallCopKJ said:
It probably wont happen but Id really like to see Wake make it just once.
It would be VERY nice to see but sadly I don't think Kottaras will be making an All-Star apprearance anytime soon... :lol:

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
YAY HUNTER!!!!

I really didn't think he would get selected. I'm thrilled and now I have a reason to actually watch the game. If he participates in the HR derby he would be a good pick to go Josh Hamilton. He is a BP superstar!

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
scotty21690 said:
MallCopKJ said:
It probably wont happen but Id really like to see Wake make it just once.
It would be VERY nice to see but sadly I don't think Kottaras will be making an All-Star apprearance anytime soon... :lol:

:lol:
He still made it though!!!!!

Members online

Latest posts