Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Auction type posts- Updated 12/29

Would you be interested in auction type posts?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Auction type posts

I'm definitely down, but there will obviously need to be rules. I think the auctions should be short and sweet, prob. no longer than 1 day or else the entire transactions board will get flooded and filled. Also, I'm not a fan of all these extra stipulations people put on their auctions on the old bmb. Same goes for reserves, people will be auctioning stuff with big reserves or stipulations like $20 on a card that sells for that or less already on ebay, why bother? Put it up and truly auction it off. Short and sweet. Lastly, once rules/reserve or not/ or any other stipulation is posted, no extending the auction. Time for duration is set, its set.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008

Sounds great to me...as long as there are specifics set in place that can't be altered.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

I've gotten a couple of PM's and I think the biggest hurdle will be deciding if there is a "reserve" that it not be too high. Like every auction that runs its course, the seller needs to be comfortable with letting it go. Also, I dont think we want too many running at the same time. I'd like to see some suggestions...

If we do agree, i'd be glad to let bravescollector be the first one.

Aug 7, 2008

The trade board is already flooded with mostly posts with nothing but selling as is. How about having its own board that way it doesn't clog it up for traders.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008

phillyfan0417 said:
BGT Masters of TikiD said:
The trade board is already flooded with mostly posts with nothing but selling as is. How about having its own board that way it doesn't clog it up for traders.

ok, definitely something to consider...

Good thought!

While we're on this train of though, how bout we get rid of all this ebay spamming crap? All the buy threads are bad enough only to open them and find that the deal is if you use live.com. You want to sell your stuff on ebay, sell it there then. Your auctions can be posted in your info under your avatar. Thats enough IMO.

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008

chippernate said:
BGT Masters of TikiD said:

I'll second that.
How about a trading board, a selling board, and an auction board?
That way I feel more people will view all the threads in the transaction forum. And if we do do an auction, I think if there is not it's own forum it will kind of get lost in all the other threads.

And BTW, pm sent to phillyfan

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado

I like the idea. But I fell with all of the sell post we should consider a all sell and a all trade on different ones.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

The only issue I see with seperate trade and sell boards is that alot of folks are trying to do both. I will have to look into seeing if we can branch off another board.

Keep the ideas coming!

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin

I like the idea but I say get rid of the reserve. That will just make it harder to do, if you are worried that you won't get what you want for a card then don't put it up for auction.

Also I think there should be a rule that one an auction starts you can't take it down (unless it is against the rules) and if you start an auction that card must sell, no matter what even if it's only one bid. It just ruins things when people do auctions and it ends to low and then they don't sell the card.

So I think it is a great idea as long as there are rules.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008

I used to do live AIM auctions, but Beckett shut down the option of posting such auctions on their site so I had to stop. I had about 4 of them. They were very successful in that many people participated, they lasted about 2-3 hours each time and I got rid of a LOT of stuff in the process.

Maybe I'll recruit for one of those again if that's allow in this site... They sure were fun!

TheDailyProspect

Aug 19, 2008

I would like to see reverse auctions with no limits. I have tons of things that I would let go for any price. Set up the auction to decrement an unspecified amount at an unspecified time interval. First one who is willing to take it wins

Mark

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston

TheDailyProspect said:
I would like to see reverse auctions with no limits. I have tons of things that I would let go for any price. Set up the auction to decrement an unspecified amount at an unspecified time interval. First one who is willing to take it wins

Mark

Same here, I have a ton of random GU and prospects that i would be willing to get rid of for a couple dollars a piece but dont list on ebay cause the darn fees take away anything i make