Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

David Price's Downward Spiral Continues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today's line:

Tampa Bay IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Price 1.1 3 6 6 5 3 1 5.21

:evil:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I wish Friedman would send him down and give Davis his long awaited shot already.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Jaypers said:
I wish Friedman would send him down and give Davis his long awaited shot already.

+ one million!!!!!

I know I am in the minority of Rays fans, but I feel Friedman is pretty overrated due to last seasons' outcome. The only big move he has really made was the Bartlett/Garza for Young/Harris deal. I know we would not have made the World Series without it, but there isn't much besides that he has done that I've liked. Well, locking up Evan long-term was nice too, but other than that!

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
So if David Price isn't ready, is it safe to say Homer Bailey is on schedule? :lol:

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Vagrant said:
So if David Price isn't ready, is it safe to say Homer Bailey is on schedule? :lol:

Bailey wasn't having control issues in the minors before he was called back up. David Price was and he was called up anyways. He's going to get shelled as long as his control is off ,because he's being forced to throw strikes. That doesn't work in the big leagues.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
All the more reason to sell all my Hanson....and fast!

lol you never know if the last game they won will be their last of the season.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
He's a mess out there. It looks like he is unsure of his pitches. Not only is he walking people, but he is missing his spots which is the biggest thing.

It seems anymore that a lot of times when a pitcher comes up with a lot of hype they get shelled, go back to the minors and come back strong.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Invest4thefuture said:
Another reason for selling prospects by or before the time they reach the majors.

Yeah, thank god he hasn't been bombed yet....yeah! Just sold another base chrome Hanson for $37. Need that to continue at least another week.

By the way.....what ever happened to the can't miss guy Derek Holland?

I think I will take his orange ref auto and burn it.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
EricInCT said:
Invest4thefuture said:
Another reason for selling prospects by or before the time they reach the majors.

Yeah, thank god he hasn't been bombed yet....yeah! Just sold another base chrome Hanson for $37. Need that to continue at least another week.

By the way.....what ever happened to the can't miss guy Derek Holland?

I think I will take his orange ref auto and burn it.

a base chrome for $37? Or a refractor?

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
He's still very young. I say let him work out his kinks in the bigs. In the minors he will be able to get away with mistakes and can fall into bad habits. In the bigs his mistakes will get punished and he will be forced to adjust. If he has a good head on his shoulders and the Rays aren't afraid he will cave in to the pressure they need to keep rolling him out there every 5 days.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Triple A isn't the majors, it isn't even close to the majors, we have seen this a hundred times before. For every
Lincecum, there are 50 David Prices.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
trevordchi said:
He's still very young. I say let him work out his kinks in the bigs. In the minors he will be able to get away with mistakes and can fall into bad habits. In the bigs his mistakes will get punished and he will be forced to adjust. If he has a good head on his shoulders and the Rays aren't afraid he will cave in to the pressure they need to keep rolling him out there every 5 days.

Maybe if they were 15 games out, not when they are in a playoff race....

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
I remember at the beginning of Last season Price was having some arm issues maybe those are beginning to come around again. I know that Lefties that throw in the mid 90's are hard to come by he will right the ship but he needs to do it in the minors.

And the difference Between hanson and Price is that Hanson was dominating the minors (all levels) and Price was struggling severely at Durham. I know Once he gets things right he will be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts