Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Guitar Hero signed picks from 2008 Allen Ginter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
25 comes to mind, but I don't know where I'm getting that from. He made his own "1 of 1s" by using different color inks and drawing different images, etc.

I'll see if I have an image saved.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
I remember reading about this in beckett (either on-line or in the mag, I can't remember). He is a collector himself so he had fun with the signing and did a lot of variations.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I don't find the card stupid at all. It's very much in the spirit of the original Allen & Ginter, which showcased sports, games, entertainment, history, and science. In 2008, Guitar Hero was a major phenomenon, and I find it fitting that such an integral person in the game be showcased in this way.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I believe he contacted Topps about it. And since it fit the theme of the product they said ok and he signed the picks and sent them in. And I believe Topps sent him a case of A&G as well.... and probably his own card once they made them.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
This is why i have not bought any yet just have not decide if the hype will pay off
if you dont sell the stuff soon the allure will wear off i think unless you have a handful of super rare cards

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
BunchOBull said:
I don't find the card stupid at all. It's very much in the spirit of the original Allen & Ginter, which showcased sports, games, entertainment, history, and science. In 2008, Guitar Hero was a major phenomenon, and I find it fitting that such an integral person in the game be showcased in this way.

I agree, pretty awesome looking card, too!

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
so, just so i have this right, this is a guitar pick signed by a guy who is good at a video game right?
not a guitar pick signed by an actual fantastic real guitar player, say eddie van halen? if this is the case, is any more elaboration really needed?

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
boomo said:
so, just so i have this right, this is a guitar pick signed by a guy who is good at a video game right?
not a guitar pick signed by an actual fantastic real guitar player, say eddie van halen? if this is the case, is any more elaboration really needed?

He is a good guitar player. He did most of if not all the tracks in the game.... he isnt the Guitar Hero World Champ or what ever they call that person. He plays an actual guitar. He is from San Francisco or the area around SF.

Marcus Henderson

He has a guitar named after him.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
He's actually a master guitarist who plays all the recorded leads in the Guitar Hero games...he's who you actually hear playing when you're in the game.

edited to add: what P_Manning 18 said

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
ahhh, ok then, not as bad as i thought. I had just never heard of him. I just remember the year they put that loser in who played pac-man to the final level and that kind of irked me cus i did that in 1982, and no one asked me for an autograph :x :x

Members online

Latest posts