Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many Ebay best offer retractions can you make?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
I have this one guy who has had about 10 bid retractions on the same 2-3 items all day, i know he is new with his 15 feedback I am wondering if there is a limit.....he goes up then down then back up again....poor guy.....anyone have experience with this?

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
I know if I had someone doing that I would block them before someone got the wrong idea and reported you for shill bidding. I know you're not and this really isn't your fault but I would do it just to be on the safe side.

craw_song

Nov 20, 2008
san francisco
Here's a new one for me.....I had a seller retract a counteroffer made to me the other day, I didn't even realize you could do that as a seller. The offer was solid, and I was considering accepting it (it clearly wasn't a mistake, they obviously just had second thoughts...but still pretty weak move).

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
I dont think there is a limit. I searched Ebay and couldnt find any information on the amount of times a buyer can retract a bid.
Whats his Screen Name? I would block them asap. If you dont want to give the screen name here atleast PM me with it.
I had a guy make an offer of $185 on a BGS card the other day. He then retracted as I was about to accept. Then he offered $135 and I declined the offer and blocked him.
Yesterday someone else selling the same BGS card ended for $76 dlvd ::facepalm:: . I was the second highest bidder at $74.99 ::facepalm:: . Nice job ending a card like that one the 4th of July ::facepalm:: . I had several other offers over $100 the week before the other seller listed their card. ::facepalm::

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
F-Topps said:
I dont think there is a limit. I searched Ebay and couldnt find any information on the amount of times a buyer can retract a bid.
Whats his Screen Name? I would block them asap. If you dont want to give the screen name here atleast PM me with it.
I had a guy make an offer of $185 on a BGS card the other day. He then retracted as I was about to accept. Then he offered $135 and I declined the offer and blocked him.
Yesterday someone else selling the same BGS card ended for $76 dlvd ::facepalm:: . I was the second highest bidder at $74.99 ::facepalm:: . Nice job ending a card like that one the 4th of July. I had several other offers oer $100 the week before the other seller listed their card. ::facepalm::

:lol: I hope we are selling similar stuff. Always good to see the competition shoot themselves in the foot.

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
sportscardtheory said:
F-Topps said:
Yesterday someone else selling the same BGS card ended for $76 dlvd ::facepalm:: . I was the second highest bidder at $74.99 ::facepalm:: . Nice job ending a card like that one the 4th of July. I had several other offers oer $100 the week before the other seller listed their card. ::facepalm::

:lol: I hope we are selling similar stuff. Always good to see the competition shoot themselves in the foot.

I dont look at it as shooting myself in the foot. The buyers name was indiangiverr. I am sure if I accepted the offer, once he got the card he would have second thought or wanted a refund. Besides, I had other cards of the same player listed that kept getting offer retractions. It was probably the same buyer with a different ID.
Shooting yourself in the foot would be dealing with that scumbag or ending a high end item on the 4th of July ::facepalm:: .

frikativ54

Jun 17, 2009
F-Topps said:
sportscardtheory said:
[quote="F-Topps":lzuxsllz]I dont think there is a limit. I searched Ebay and couldnt find any information on the amount of times a buyer can retract a bid.

I dont look at it as shooting myself in the foot. The buyers name was indiangiverr.[/quote:lzuxsllz]

That's too funny! :lol:

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
The problem is that he bought a few hundred dollars worth of stuff already from me and is a good customer.....he retracted another offer today :? I don't know if the guy is all there.....he emailed me telling me he will pay me X amount for an item when he gets paid in a week which is actually a solid offer price.....just trying to see if anyone else has experienced an isolated looney or do they just all just flock to my listings :? :? :?

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
It means this fool is nervous and twitchy. he will do it to you soon enough.

Members online