Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MiLB 5th of July

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Morrison is killing today. Now 5-5, with two 2B's, a grand slam and 5 RBI.

On the flipside though, Stanton is 0-5 and is near the Mendoza line.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
Morrison is killing today. Now 5-5, with two 2B's, a grand slam and 5 RBI.

Stanton has struckout 32 times in 90ish AB's since being called up. Looking a little overmatched.

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
AKA Coastal said:
Jaypers said:

Stanton has struckout 32 times in 90ish AB's since being called up. Looking a little overmatched.

So far, Stanton is following the same pattern he did last year at A ball. He started with obvious power, but was a bit overwhelmed and struck out at a very high rate. But, he has shown the capacity to adapt very quickly, as evidenced by his recent power production. Keep in mind that his BABIP is ridiculously low right now, and once he gets his feet under it should creep back up over .300 or .320, and his average and OBP will respond accordingly. No reason to worry, but maybe a good opportunity to buy.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Alderson

6IP 3H 3R 3ER 1BB 3K 2HR's

He was pitching against Reading (M.Taylor's team) but Taylor was given the day off, at least until the 7th inning where they put him in as a offensive substitution where he hit a sac fly & collected an RBI. They then kept him in & his only other AB he was walked. Kinda crummy as I was hoping to see how he fared against Alderson (or how Alderson fared against Taylor ;) ).... an RBI & BB isn't too shabby for 2ab's late in the game! :D

Aldy gets the "W" though not too pretty:

6ip, 3hits, 3runs, 3ER, 1BB, 3K's, 2HR's (holds a 2.59 ERA on the year)! Dang nice ERA though, that's for sure! :D

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
HoustonTeams4Me said:
AKA Coastal said:
Alderson

He was pitching against Reading (M.Taylor's team) but Taylor was given the day off, at least until the 7th inning where they put him in as a offensive substitution where he hit a sac fly & collected an RBI. They then kept him in & his only other AB he was walked. Kinda crummy as I was hoping to see how he fared against Alderson (or how Alderson fared against Taylor ;) ).... an RBI & BB isn't too shabby for 2ab's late in the game! :D

6ip, 3hits, 3runs, 3ER, 1BB, 3K's, 2HR's (holds a 2.59 ERA on the year)! Dang nice ERA though, that's for sure! :D
yup, this is probably one of his worse starts. shot up his era to 2.59 hah

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
jbone17 said:
mwashuc06 said:
darocker80 said:
Alderson going to get another win in AA ball :)

Honestly I think Alderson is going to be the next Collin Balester

Not a chance. Alderson has way better stuff than Balester ever had.
+1.

Great fastball and curveball!

Honestly when I saw him pitch in Binghamton, I only saw an average fastball and an above average but not plus curveball with no signs of a changeup. Reminded me of a RH Chuck James or Jon Niese.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
mwashuc06 said:
darocker80 said:
jbone17 said:
mwashuc06 said:
darocker80 said:

+1.

Honestly when I saw him pitch in Binghamton, I only saw an average fastball and an above average but not plus curveball with no signs of a changeup. Reminded me of a RH Chuck James or Jon Niese.

Could Chuck James even hit 90mph with his fastball?

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
mwashuc06 said:
darocker80 said:
jbone17 said:
mwashuc06 said:
darocker80 said:

+1.

What time of the year was it? One particular start his stuff wasn't hot, fastball was only 89-92 because it was very cold.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
mwashuc06 said:
darocker80 said:
jbone17 said:
mwashuc06 said:
[quote="darocker80":b7utu15v]Alderson going to get another win in AA ball :)

+1.

What time of the year was it? One particular start his stuff wasn't hot, fastball was only 89-92 because it was very cold.[/quote:b7utu15v]

It was a month ago, granted it wasn't warm 60's and cloudy. He was sitting in the 87-89 range on a fast gun and popped one pitch to 94. He threw like 3 changeups the whole outing and his pitches were very hittible.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
AKA Coastal said:
Alderson

I'm not sure if you are aware or not, but he has diabetes, that's mostly why he will have a day off. If he didn't, I bet he would play everyday.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
Memo to Rays G.M.

Please call this man up

IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Davis, W 5.0 6 1 1 2 5 0 2.84

Halman 3-5

1 2B
2 HR's and
3 RBI's....still only batting .210 though

Members online

Latest posts