Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giants' fans you just hit a 6 foot brick wall...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
My boy Oswalt with a gem. If he goes another inning it will be his 3rd CG out of the last four games. I am smelling another huge second half from the best second half pitcher in baseball.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
MOFNY said:
My boy Oswalt with a gem. If he goes another inning it will be his 3rd CG out of the last four games. I am smelling another huge second half from the best second half pitcher in baseball.
i was actually sad when rich had that home run against owsalt. i'm an oswalt fan and since the giants clearly aren't going to win, i wanted oswalt to get the shut out

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
I'm sure Ozwalt will remember this game when he's watching the Giants on TV in October. He did pitch well though.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
MOFNY said:

I'd call that at least a draw with Johan, and would probably call him #2.

Career 2nd half splits:

Oswalt: 67-20, .770 W%, 2.89 ERA, 723 IP, 612 Ks, 1.13 WHIP, 7.6 K/9
Santana: 58-17, .773 W%, 2.70 ERA, 714 IP, 734 Ks, 1.05 WHIP, 9.3 K/9

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
pujolsjunkie said:
MOFNY said:

Career 2nd half splits:

Bah!

I'll take Oswalt because he has a cooler nickname!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
I'm sure Ozwalt will remember this game when he's watching the Giants on TV in October. He did pitch well though.

Not likely.Not like the astros will be in the playoffs either but do you really think the Giants are going anywhere?Maybe if they could find some bats.Sure they hammered us but that's a fluke big time.Their offense needs some additions.Once that happens...I'll agree wholeheartedly with your statement.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
kdailey4315 said:

Hate to be the one to tell you this, but.... every team will be playing baseball in October. Regular season doesn't end until October 4th.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
DSC00028.jpg

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
predatorkj said:
kdailey4315 said:

Not likely.Not like the astros will be in the playoffs either but do you really think the Giants are going anywhere?Maybe if they could find some bats.Sure they hammered us but that's a fluke big time.Their offense needs some additions.Once that happens...I'll agree wholeheartedly with your statement.

The Giants have been steadily chugging along all season. They have had the 2nd best record in the NL for over about a month now. Every body keeps talking about the Giants bats and all the do is continue to win. The Giants haven't shown me any reason to believe that they won't make the playoffs.
Look at their competition for the wild card. They swept the Cards at home and split the series on the road. They took 2 of 3 from the Brewers at home and lost a very close series on the road. The Rockies need a crazy ass win streak to get back into the chance. Do you think they can really keep it up?

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Pitching is what really the key to the giants success. Sure they don't hit many home runs, but the entire team can hit. Unlike teams like the cardinals who have the best hitter pujols not much else.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
predatorkj said:
kdailey4315 said:

The Giants have been steadily chugging along all season. They have had the 2nd best record in the NL for over about a month now. Every body keeps talking about the Giants bats and all the do is continue to win. The Giants haven't shown me any reason to believe that they won't make the playoffs.
Look at their competition for the wild card. They swept the Cards at home and split the series on the road. They took 2 of 3 from the Brewers at home and lost a very close series on the road. The Rockies need a crazy ass win streak to get back into the chance. Do you think they can really keep it up?

No...I don't think the Giants will be a major factor in the playoffs.They may make it to the playoffs but I don't think they will be playing more than one series if they do.Honestly...I think the Dodgers come back and win the division and I expect to see either a east or central division team win the wild card spot.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
Pitching is what really the key to the giants success. Sure they don't hit many home runs, but the entire team can hit. Unlike teams like the cardinals who have the best hitter pujols not much else.

The Cardinals have more than just Pujols.The Cubs have some good hitters and don't even get me started on Milwaukee.Hell...the astros have a better lineup than the Giants have had for years.Just because they have a few good pitchers doesn't mean they are going anywhere.Lets just wait and see where they are at here at the end of the season.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
pujolsjunkie said:
MOFNY said:

Career 2nd half splits:

Yup it's close. Oswalt is also undefeated in the playoffs.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
MOFNY said:
pujolsjunkie said:
MOFNY said:

Career 2nd half splits:

Yup it's close. Oswalt is also undefeated in the playoffs.

But he does have a no decision or two right?I know he pitched one of the games we played the White Sox.God I don't even want to talk about that very dark time. ::facepalm::

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
predatorkj said:
darocker80 said:

The Cardinals have more than just Pujols.The Cubs have some good hitters and don't even get me started on Milwaukee.Hell...the astros have a better lineup than the Giants have had for years.Just because they have a few good pitchers doesn't mean they are going anywhere.Lets just wait and see where they are at here at the end of the season.

Too bad for all of those teams with better line ups, the Giants have a better record.

They lead the Wild Card race and own the third best record in the NL by a half game behind the Cardinals and the Dodgers who own the best record in all of baseball.

They would be leading the Eastern Division right now and only they would only be a half game back in the Central if they were in those divisions. The bulk of their second half games are against the failing NL West teams and the Dodgers are the only team in the NL to out pace everyone else.

Face the facts, the Giants have found a way to win with their lack of power and they are a whole lot better then almost everyone outside of San Francisco gives them credit for.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
People are missing a key point here. Our park is not built for home runs. Even though Barry hit many of them. We're not going to win if we just get a "power hitter" no matter who that person is his numbers are going to go down. What we need is another good hitter. 300+ average, not just a power hitter. I wouldn't want to face the Giants in a playoffs series where they can throw 2 top 5 NL pitchers in any given series.

Members online

Latest posts