Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone have any 2005 Ultra platinum medallions non #'d?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I won one of these on ebay a couple of weeks ago and it came in today.I see that on the back its just like the seller described.It even says platinum medallion and it has the little sticker where the serial numbering should be but there is no serial numbering at all.It looks pretty legit to me and it was cheap as hell.I don't have a scan because we got a new scanner and I am having trouble getting it set up but I was just wondering if anyone had one of these and the actual way they were released.The seller told me it was through the Fleer bankruptcy.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
This is correct. I just picked up a Manny Ramirez for trade and it has the spot where the numbering usually goes, but not numbered.

Similar to the Pacific non-serial numbered cards.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I have both versions of the Sabathia, with and without numbering. I won it on ebay quite some time ago, and the seller said it was from the Fleer Bankruptcy as well.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I had one also. I think there was a guy on here or BMB who was selling them for a relatively low price - I think he bought directly from Fleer. I think the same happened with other issues like Flair.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Cool.Glad to have it.Are these any rarer than the numbered versions?Were they created as replacements?

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
predatorkj said:
Cool.Glad to have it.Are these any rarer than the numbered versions?Were they created as replacements?

At one point I was collecting Shingo Takatsu rookies (bad idea), and finding the unnumbered ones was far easier than finding the numbered ones.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
These are the replacement cards that were around still and sold at the Fleer bankruptcy auction.

Members online