Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bobby Cox and Frank Wren should resign

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
These two are about the biggest jokes in baseball. Apparently Yunel Escobar is on the block because Bobby Cox doesn't like the way he plays baseball. Now granted Cox is a HOF manager but his time has come and past. Bobby keeps on trotting out useless players like Jeff Francouer and Kelly Johnson because they are nice to him. This also opens up another can of worms as the Braves don't have a SS of the future. Like I said when the Braves traded for Teixiera they would regret trading Andrus and right now while Andrus is only average with the bat, he is great defensively and is a leader of the rangers, something the Braves sorely lack right now. Wren should just resign, because I have a feeling he's going to botch the trade deadline again. Where is Stephen Marek again lol, what a horrible trade.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
To be fair for every great play Yunel makes, he makes about 5 bone headed ones. I'm not really for trading him, but if he can get the Braves a nice outfield bat I'd probably be okay with it, and throw Hernandez out there everyday or pick up a filler SS like Lugo.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
chuckbartowski said:
To be fair for every great play Yunel makes, he makes about 5 bone headed ones. I'm not really for trading him, but if he can get the Braves a nice outfield bat I'd probably be okay with it, and throw Hernandez out there everyday or pick up a filler SS like Lugo.
OMG YES please take Lugo......thank you!!! :D

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
To help you out, the Braves semi-quitely tried to trade Francoeur to the Royals recently, and KC said they wanted to wait a little longer. I dont think you can blame the Braves bad season on Cox or Wren. But in my opinion, Yunel is a cancer. Gets pissed off when he errors and just basically quits, and he does make several bad plays that should be easy. I may be the biggest Braves fan on FCB and have been since the early 90's, but i still think Cox has a lot of good managing under him.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
mwashuc06 said:
These two are about the biggest jokes in baseball. Apparently Yunel Escobar is on the block because Bobby Cox doesn't like the way he plays baseball. Now granted Cox is a HOF manager but his time has come and past. Bobby keeps on trotting out useless players like Jeff Francouer and Kelly Johnson because they are nice to him. This also opens up another can of worms as the Braves don't have a SS of the future. Like I said when the Braves traded for Teixiera they would regret trading Andrus and right now while Andrus is only average with the bat, he is great defensively and is a leader of the rangers, something the Braves sorely lack right now. Wren should just resign, because I have a feeling he's going to botch the trade deadline again. Where is Stephen Marek again lol, what a horrible trade.

Brandon Hicks is having a tough time in AA but he's the Braves' short stop of the future. If Yunel is moved this season, however, there's no way Hicks makes the jump.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
mwashuc06 said:

Francoeur hasn't started in 3 days and he's been getting pulled when playing in close and late situations. Kelly is no longer the starting 2B.

Regarding Escobar, I'm gonna trust Braves beat writers who say the Braves have zero interest in moving him, not the tools on ESPN and trade rumor websites that source them. Too cheap of a price tag, regardless of frosted tips or headaches he might cause.

Also, the Tex trade looks bad in retrospect, but look deeper than the players lost. It's true a talented players were lost, but Mark was one of the only players who you can look at from mid 2007 to mid 2008 and not blame the poor play on. Pitching and pitching injuries killed the Braves the last few years (but not this year). If not for that, the success for the Braves with Teixiera would have been a lot better (even though they were in the hunt for the wildcard until the last week of 2007).

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
abncollectsautos said:
To help you out, the Braves semi-quitely tried to trade Francoeur to the Royals recently, and KC said they wanted to wait a little longer. I dont think you can blame the Braves bad season on Cox or Wren. But in my opinion, Yunel is a cancer. Gets pissed off when he errors and just basically quits, and he does make several bad plays that should be easy. I may be the biggest Braves fan on FCB and have been since the early 90's, but i still think Cox has a lot of good managing under him.

This is why I was pissed when Andrus was traded. I knew he was going to be a leader and he reminds me of Ozzie Smith with a better bat. Ozzie was the leader of those great cardinal teams of the 80's. Andrus is going to be a great leader and would have had the torched passed to him from Chipper. Now instead we get a roid seller in Schafer who K's twice a game and a crybaby at SS.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
Penno said:
mwashuc06 said:

Francoeur hasn't started in 3 days and he's been getting pulled when playing in close and late situations. Kelly is no longer the starting 2B.

Regarding Escobar, I'm gonna trust Braves beat writers who say the Braves have zero interest in moving him, not the tools on ESPN and trade rumor websites that source them. Too cheap of a price tag, regardless of frosted tips or headaches he might cause.

Also, the Tex trade looks bad in retrospect, but look deeper than the players lost. It's true a talented players were lost, but Mark was one of the only players who you can look at from mid 2007 to mid 2008 and not blame the poor play on. Pitching and pitching injuries killed the Braves the last few years (but not this year). If not for that, the success for the Braves with Teixiera would have been a lot better (even though they were in the hunt for the wildcard until the last week of 2007).

I don't know that the Tex trade looks all that bad yet. Salty is still not an average catcher offensively, and Harrison seems to be a #5 guy. Andrus is doing okay so far, but isn't the player that people thought he would be offensively yet (of course he's still extremely young). Feliz is still young, and has struggled this season, and I don't even know where the other pitcher they traded to the Rangers is.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
IMO, Wren has been doing a great job. Granted he let Glavine and Smoltz go which hurt, but he traded for Jurrjens and McLoulth and didn't give up all that much in return.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
rico08 said:
mwashuc06 said:

Brandon Hicks is having a tough time in AA but he's the Braves' short stop of the future. If Yunel is moved this season, however, there's no way Hicks makes the jump.

I dunno if I'd call Hicks the SS of the future after his half-season this year, major disappointment

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Ok so you want your team to be a competitive team, and when you find out they would trade
someone that may have value to another team to get or maintain that competitiveness, you then call for the
Manager, and Gm to be fired. I just shake my head. You can't have your cake and eat it to. Oh and last time I checked
not one guy makes the team. OK well Phat Albert my be the only one.

Members online

Latest posts