Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brent Lillibridge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
I had hopes for this kid;
but he just ain't got the chops.

He had a cup of coffee in the majors;
and is now falling falling into junk-league.

I have a few nice key cards of his;
and just got one more in today -
but I think i'm done no matter how cheap i get them ...

QUOTE:
Lillibridge gets some sound advice: The Sports Xchange notes that Brent Lillibridge, who was optioned to Triple-A Charlotte as OF Brian Anderson (strained right oblique) was recalled from his rehab assignment got some advice from manager Ozzie Guillen. "If this kid keeps swinging the bat like that, he's going to be in Triple-A for a long time," Guillen said. "When you continue to try and play a big man's game when you're only 5-11, 120 pounds, that's not a game you should be playing. We talked to him clearly three times, the message was there. You've got to use your legs, play baseball, and when you have warning-track power, you're going to go from minor league to Mexican league to Korean league."
(Updated 05/20/2009).

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
Damn, don't try to sugar coat it Ozzie :lol: . I agree however, as you could clearly see that was his problems when he got his cups of coffee in Atlanta. It's too bad, he's a nice guy and in the minors he had a nice glove, didn't see much of it in the majors though.

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
He's the only pro ball player that I've spoke to twice. Everyone that I know as a Braves fan was rooting for him. Hell of a nice guy, sad to hear.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
spahnandsain said:
He's the only pro ball player that I've spoke to twice. Everyone that I know as a Braves fan was rooting for him. Hell of a nice guy, sad to hear.

yep, lots of fun to watch in the minors, just kinda fell apart for him after the 07 season, hope he pulls it together though, with his glove/speed he could kick around for awhile as a utility guy if he can start hitting a little

he and brandon jones basically won the R-Braves their last IL Governors Cup

stll have these (red is 1/1 as well):

lillibridgesig.jpg

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
abravesfan said:
spahnandsain said:

yep, lots of fun to watch in the minors, just kinda fell apart for him after the 07 season, hope he pulls it together though, with his glove/speed he could kick around for awhile as a utility guy if he can start hitting a little

he and brandon jones basically won the R-Braves their last IL Governors Cup

stll have these (red is 1/1 as well):

lillibridgesig.jpg
I have 1/1 plate of your sig

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
Ozzie is still an idiot...why is he talking about power at all when talking about Lillibridge...like he said he's 5-10, 120 lbs (I know not really, but Lillibridge was never going to be a high power guy).

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
chuckbartowski said:
Ozzie is still an idiot...why is he talking about power at all when talking about Lillibridge...like he said he's 5-10, 120 lbs (I know not really, but Lillibridge was never going to be a high power guy).

because lillibridge tries to hit home runs rather than putting the ball on the ground

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Sounds like Ozzie must be for steroids in the game. Anyways, I met Brent a few times seemed like a nice guy. Hopefully he comes around.

Members online

No members online now.