Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chris Davis optioned to AAA Oklahoma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
With the return of Josh Hamilton somebody needed to be sent down and apparently according to ESPN it was Chris Davis. What do you guys think?

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
I haven't been paying too much attention lately but does this mean Borbon is staying/still up?

pudge1760

Aug 9, 2008
justwar said:
I haven't been paying too much attention lately but does this mean Borbon is staying/still up?

Yeah Borbon stayed up. I really was a bit surprised by that. THey said they brought him up to play, and yet he really hasn't played.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
When you're hitting 202/256/415 with a 17:114 BB:K rate, you don't deserve to be anywhere near a major league roster.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Any player who impresses Adam Dunn with K totals is impressive.

That said, he is swinging for the fences...and that's the wrong way to hit. I was hoping he'd get to 250 Ks.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Smoak played 1b yesterday and Davis Dh'ed.. but I think they still have 2 othert 1b on thier roster in AAA... should be interesting

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
I think he is going to get traded. Smoak playing 1b instead of Davis means they are worried about him developing at that position b/c Davis is an elite fielder. If they can get a #3ish starter on the cheap I wouldn't be surprised if Davis is involved in a deal.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
trevordchi said:
I think he is going to get traded. Smoak playing 1b instead of Davis means they are worried about him developing at that position b/c Davis is an elite fielder. If they can get a #3ish starter on the cheap I wouldn't be surprised if Davis is involved in a deal.

Davis is not an elite fielder. On most other AL teams, he'd probably be a DH.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
thefasterblade said:
trevordchi said:

Davis is not an elite fielder. On most other AL teams, he'd probably be a DH.

Yes he is. He has been a great first baseman all year. That's the main reason he has lasted as long as he has.

Google Chris Davis defense and see what you find.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
.997 looks pretty sharp to me.

Some people just spit things out without knowing what they are talking about. Not only does he have an excellent % he has saved the Rangers infield many errors. In the games against the Astros he made several FANTASTIC plays. The NL Central has 3 of the best fielding 1b in the league and Davis' glove is up there with all of them.

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
According to UZR Davis has been a below average first baseman. What's UZR you ask.

UZR (ultimate zone rating): The number of runs above or below average a fielder is in both range runs and error runs combined.

UZR/150 (ultimate zone rate per 150 games): The number of runs above or below average a fielder is, per 150 defensive games.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?pl ... B#fielding

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
johnny rook said:
According to UZR Davis has been a below average first baseman. What's UZR you ask.

UZR (ultimate zone rating): The number of runs above or below average a fielder is in both range runs and error runs combined.

UZR/150 (ultimate zone rate per 150 games): The number of runs above or below average a fielder is, per 150 defensive games.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?pl ... B#fielding

I'm familiar with UZR and it is definitely flawed. It doesn't take into account how many short hops he has dug out or ridiculous lined shots he has snagged. Look at what scouts and front office people say about his defense and watch him play.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Exposfan said:
Smoak played 1b yesterday and Davis Dh'ed.. but I think they still have 2 othert 1b on thier roster in AAA... should be interesting

That's what I said the other day! If this takes AB's away from Justin Smoak I am going to be really disappointed.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Chris Davis is with out a doubt a Gold Glove at 1B, thats the only reason the rangers stuck with him for so long. The rangers proved last year that offense alone doesn't win games. They need defense and pitching. With the defensive additions of andrus and davis they were going in the right direction. Add a few arms to the pitching staff and they could be one of the best teams in the league.

Whether or not he gets traded he should be a MLB stater just for his defense. I kind of hope he gets traded to another team that wants him for his glove, then he'll stop swining for the fences and just swing naturally. When he gets back to hitting like he did last year the rangers or the team he gets traded to will have one of the best 1B in MLB.

Members online

Latest posts