Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Ryan Braun turning into a primadonna?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Is ryan Braun turning into a primadonna???

1. Over the weekend he said that he is waiting for the front office to "bring in some help". Not a smart move considering how tight the pitching trade market is. Why make it look like you are desperate?

2. Ryan Braun offered a harsh assessment of the Milwaukee pitching staff in the Cubs series, saying "They threw the ball a lot better than our starters did." (note Gallardo didn't pitch in this series)

Braun sure is running his mouth quite a bit for a guy who has played 200 MLB games.....

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Re: Is Ryan Braun turning into a pre-madonna?

ballerskrip said:
Is ryan Braun turning into a pre-madonna???

1. Over the weekend he said that he is waiting for the front office to "bring in some help". Not a smart move considering how tight the pitching trade market is. Why make it look like you are desperate?

2. Ryan Braun offered a harsh assessment of the Milwaukee pitching staff in the Cubs series, saying "They threw the ball a lot better than our starters did." (note Gallardo didn't pitch in this series)

Braun sure is running his mouth quite a bit for a guy who has played 200 MLB games.....

In those 200 games he's produced at a very high level.

I'm not really sure answering a question honestly is that out of line.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA

Sounds honest, true, and he didn't single out a teammate. I'm ok with it.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area

phillyfan0417 said:
ballerskrip said:
Is ryan Braun turning into a pre-madonna???

In those 200 games he's produced at a very high level.

I'm not really sure answering a question honestly is that out of line.

He has performed, I agree. BUT, if this was as receiver on the cowboys, or a 2nd year player in almost any other sport, he would get strung up for opening his mouth. I guess I am one who has always thought that young players should be seen an not heard. It is not like he has 10 years of losing under his belt.....

Also, is this a sign of things to come?

I am not trying to sit here and call him a bad guy, or even say he IS a pre-madonna, but when I read the quotes, it made me stop and think about it.

skrip

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008

Maybe you're the primma donna who overreacts to lukewarm statements and cannot even spell the word correctly.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

Pre-maddona? Who was pre-maddona? Would that be the white pop star before her?

Or prima donna - first lady in Italian :)

Just messing with you man.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

primadonna.

I thought this thread was about Braun dating Madonna before A-rod :?

braden

Aug 7, 2008

thefasterblade said:
Maybe you're the primma donna who overreacts to lukewarm statements and cannot even spell the word correctly.

And yet, neither did you.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My bad.....I had NO CLUE how to spell it ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Hey Fasterblade, seems to me that you are the one going over board. I am NOT saying he is a bad dude. I just read the quotes and thought it was worth dicussing....

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008

ballerskrip said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

My bad.....I had NO CLUE how to spell it ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Hey Fasterblade, seems to me that you are the one going over board. I am NOT saying he is a bad dude. I just read the quotes and thought it was worth dicussing....

I did write, "maybe."

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area

DaleMurphyCollector said:
I heard he's filming his "Like a Prayer" video today. At this point, he's got to be considered post-madonna, right?

Like a ******(fasterblade)......touched for the very first time

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
To answer the question, I personally think you might be reading a little too far into his comments.

Who knows what has been discussed as far as bringing in help? Also it is hard to know what kind of tone he said that with.

Secondly, saying their starters threw a little better than ours, well yeah, they did, I think the Brewers starters would agree with that too...no biggy. TO doesn't get ripped for saying stuff like this, what he does/says is far worse.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Phil,

I bet if T.O. said that the oppositions QB was better than ours today, it would be a HUGE deal.....

Again, I am not STATING that he is a Primadona, just looking for some conversation about it.....

The Third Eye

Aug 26, 2008
The Fox Valley
Braun probably should not have said those things. Doug Melvin wasn't too thrilled about him saying that. But what he said was true, that series was pretty fugly for my Brewers.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
Phil,

I bet if T.O. said that the oppositions QB was better than ours today, it would be a HUGE deal.....

Again, I am not STATING that he is a Primadona, just looking for some conversation about it.....

I don't disagree that he would get pub if he said that but...I think there are two reasons for that.

1. The media overhypes and overcovers idiots like T.O., we hear if he had 4 cups of coffee rather than his normal 3. That is one reason we hear about it.

2. If he said their QB was better than ours, he would be singling out a specific person (Romo) rather than a group of three pitchers.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
So when Pujols says, "we need a bat" and suggest Manny, Tejada or Matt Holliday should the players on his team take it to be offensive? Should Ankiel, Rasmus and Ludwick all get pissed cause he said he wanted the team to go after Matt Holliday right before they landed DeRosa?

Members online

Latest posts