Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How would Giants/Rangers fans think of this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
Rangers get: Jonathon Sanchez and Mid-End Prospect

Giants get: Chris Davis

Rangers need any pitching help they can get and the Giants need a power hitting 1B or OF and Davis can play both and need the guy to be a lefty which he is. This also helps the Rangers by calling up Justin Smoak for the remainder of the year w/o being scared to do it having Davis in the organization.

So what do you guys think?

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
I think it would take more on the Giants end. Sanchez's stock has seriously dropped and can't be counted on to improve that rotation this year.

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
Sanchez is terrible, why would the Rangers want him? If the Rangers are going to trade Davis towards a pitcher, they would atleast make it a good one.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
I understand your statement there. But you don't think Davis's stock has dropped?

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
bigalexx said:
Sanchez is terrible, why would the Rangers want him? If the Rangers are going to trade Davis towards a pitcher, they would atleast make it a good one.

I wouldn't say he's terrible. He has talent but isn't going to help them much this year. If the Astros needed a 1b I think a Wandy Rodriguez type would be what the Rangers are looking for.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
No reason to sell low on Chris Davis. He's still really young and has the much desired tool, huge power. If the Rangers can't get a really good deal, just hold on to him and wait for him to get hot so he can either help the team with his bat, or help the team via getting traded. His stock isn't likely to go much lower, much more likely to go up, so they can hold onto him.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
I WOULD LOVE THAT TRADE!!! Works great for both teams! Smoak gets the call up, the Rangers get an arm and a prospect while the giants get a monster in Chris Davis. Let Pablo Sandoval give Davis a few lessons! Lets do it I'm in!

VOTE FOR PABLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Sweetness said:
I WOULD LOVE THAT TRADE!!! Works great for both teams! Smoak gets the call up, the Rangers get an arm and a prospect while the giants get a monster in Chris Davis. Let Pablo Sandoval give Davis a few lessons! Lets do it I'm in!

VOTE FOR PABLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok we get it.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I don't think this helps the Giants as much as I'd like a trade to. We need a 2nd baseman and an outfielder (and we should trade Fred Lewis).

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
THE GIANTS DON'T NEED A POWER HITTER. Our park is not suited towards power hitters. We need another good bat. Someone who can hit over 300 and drive in runs. If he we get just a power hitter his numbers will fall in our park and we'll be left with nothing.
About Sanchez. He will make a great reliever. He's lights out the first time through the line up and after that it all goes to hell.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
No way, maybe for Young, but not Davis. I'd rather see the Giants trade for Dunn, same skill set as Davis and would cost much less. Remember Randy Johnson had the same issues when he started as Sanchez has. Sanchez is still young and learning and could become a monster 3rd or 4th starter, or a heck of a closer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts