Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Joe Sakic expected to announce his retirement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Joe Sakic is expected to announce his retirement on Thursday. Joe has always been one of my favorite non-Penguins since he started playing for the Nordiques in 1988-89. he will finish his career with 625 goals 1016 assists and 1641 points. Joe was a 2 time Stanley Cup Champion he won the Conn Smythe in 1996 and won the Hart the Lady Byng and the Pearson trophies for the 2000-01 season and he was a 13 time All-Star. Joe will be very missed around the NHL and will be without a doubt a first ballot Hall of Famer.

let's see your Sakic cards.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Wow great collection TBP!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Burnaby Joe is one of my all time favorite players as well. During my auto hounding days of the early 90s, i met Joe at least 10 different times. He was always one of the nicest players, signing multiple autos and chatting it up with the fans.

Heres a couple IP items i got signed over the years...

5dm29y.jpg
2qlx4sy.jpg

early 90s Nordiques with Sakic..

24pxevt.jpg

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Thanks G!

thats just what i have scaned, there are tons more lower "valued" cards that i'll never get around to scanning lol

LOVE that Nords sweater!!!

Great IP autos as well!

Ive been a Sakic fan since he came into the league.
Now that i think of it, im only about a year and a half younger than he is! LOL

I call myself an Avalanche fan BECAUSE of Joe Sakic. Yes i was a Nords fan since he was a rookie.

I can honestly say that I dont know if i will remain an Avs fan. I really dont follow the sport anymore,
but its days like today that make me miss hockey.

Thank You Mr Sakic, you will never be truly appreciated here in America for as good as you were in the NHL.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
Nice collection TBP, I never knew your dark secret. ;)
G. that is a swweeeettt Nords jersey.

Burnaby Joe, you will be missed.

CardsCarson062.jpg

027.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
the press conference is scheduled for 3pm today which is 6 minutes from now but the NHL Network US will re-air the presser and a Sakic tribute show at 7 pm and 11 pm tonight, and at 10 am, 4 pm and 7 pm on Friday, July 10. NHL Network Canada will re-air Sakic's press conference at 10 pm tonight, and at 1 am and 7 am 10am on Friday, July 10.

Members online

Latest posts