Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Young Guns Success/Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crosby87

Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
Ok I have some questions with the Young Guns Cards.
I have the Sidney Crosby Young Guns card
I have the Evgeni Malkin Young Guns card
I have the Carey Price Young Guns card
I had an amazing pull with the Malkin since It didn't come out of a hobby box, but rather a single loose pack at a dicks sporting goods.
My question is when is the prime time to sell these cards? It looks like from ebay Crosby value has went down I assume because of the low numbers because of injury. Now malkin should be on the rise right?
When would you sell those 2 cards? Plus when with the Price card?
Here are 2 of the cards I have
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sidney-Crosby-and-E ... 7C294%3A50

Ps I am a huge Penguin fan!

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
Hmmm...i'm quite sure the Crosby price rose quite a bit over the Stanley Cup finals. I don't have numbers to back that up though.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
first off good to see another hockey collector around here. welcome aboard.

I would say the best time to sell the Crosby and Malkin would've been the day after the Penguins won the Cup. I would wait until the season starts and try then. as for Carey Price I would recommend waiting to see how he starts the season and if he is off to a good start unload it fast.

crosby87

Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
After sidney won the mvp it was going for about 300 dollars and now has dipped to below 250.
Malkin doesn't seem on the rise either...

Oct 16, 2008
MN
If they can get a 9.5 or higher each, then grade them. If they are not gradable, I'd wait until the season at least starts.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Hi and welcome to FCB, nice to see another Hockey fan on the boards. Are you the same crosby87 that used to post over on Beckett a few years ago? If so, we have traded before :)

crosby87

Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
No I am not that Crosby87...

I am not actively looking to deal them, I would just like to know how much they are worth and why their value is going down.

Members online