Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Allen & Ginter Decoys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
For those breaking this product is there a decoy in every pack like with the Player State Cards in last years?

I watched a break on youtube and in each pack the last card was an insert, but I can't tell if they are thick or not.

Also, in the same video I noticed that in the packs with the hits there was also one of those inserts.

Topps made a big mistake if they put hits and decoys together in the same pack.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I would call them decoys because they are not thick like a typical decoy.

I opened 6 boxes and in each pack, I got a mini and a National Pride insert.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Sorry. Didn't even think that people could use the info to search. DOH!

braden

Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
Topps did fix the rip card thing, no longer will a flashlight help you!

I would be a terrible packsearcher. I pulled a rip card a couple of years ago and, having no intentions of selling it, decided to 'search' it before ripping. I felt it up and used a flashlight and was thrilled to discover there was a 1/1 in there as I was certain I felt and saw the outline of the triangle hologram. When I ripped it open, I found myself face to face with a plain old Miguel Tejada mini.

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
braden said:
schmidtfan20 said:

I would be a terrible packsearcher. I pulled a rip card a couple of years ago and, having no intentions of selling it, decided to 'search' it before ripping. I felt it up and used a flashlight and was thrilled to discover there was a 1/1 in there as I was certain I felt and saw the outline of the triangle hologram. When I ripped it open, I found myself face to face with a plain old Miguel Tejada mini.

Is that how you sig pic became? That's how you looked after seeing Mr. Tejada? ;)

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Jurgy25 said:
braden said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Is that how you sig pic became? That's how you looked after seeing Mr. Tejada? ;)

lol. I probably did look exactly like that. I was completely dumbfounded. Even looked inside to see if there was a second card. I'd have easily bet $10k that there was a 1/1 in there.

Members online