Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MY COMPUTER HATES ME! Why did this go so cheap??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
MallCopKJ said:
Why did this go so cheap???
The Williams signature is questionable.
In my readings of the authenticity of WIlliams' signatures, one telltale sign of a counterfeit is the open top of the "a" in his last name.
Williams apparently always closed the "a" in Williams with a complete loop.
So the signature, which is vintage, is possibly a secretarial signature.

And Camilli is not a Hall of Famer as the ebay seller states.

Also, Camilli's autographs are not rare and are very cheap.
There are many for sale in eBay sellers' stores, some with Buy it Nows under ten bucks.
So having Camilli share a card with Williams certainly hurts the value.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Very good points guys. I didn't consider his ending time in the price or the fact that Camilli isn't a HOF as stated in the auction.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
i have never understood cuts sigs and their value, especially for players who signed well into their later years. here is my teddy, i paid $200 dlvd. i'd much rather have 3 of these for the price instead of an artificially scarce cut.

teddy.jpg

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Cut that up and put it in a card as a cut and you've tripled your money. That is the only reason that people like them, the dollar value.

Halonut said:
i have never understood cuts sigs and their value, especially for players who signed well into their later years. here is my teddy, i paid $200 dlvd. i'd much rather have 3 of these for the price instead of an artificially scarce cut.

teddy.jpg

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Halonut said:

teddy.jpg

the perez's are cool, but not much for oversized cards...although i do have a couple. I know i would much rather have a cut or a custom than a 3x5 card, envelope, sig inside book, check, or many other items though.
but it's cool...different strokes for different folks...

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
70Chip said:
teddy.jpg

Halonut, that is gorgeous!!!!

thanks chip! one of these days i'd like to add a few more perez steeles; koufax, drysdale, mantle, etc.

Members online

Latest posts