Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

longoria

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
2 for his last 31, 2 rbi.
still tough to get a card of his for a good price.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
I don't understand why pitchers and defenses haven't adjusted to Longoria yet. I know hes not hitting as well as before, but all he tries to do is pull the ball. I'd put an exaggerated shift on him and throw him off-speed pitches away.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
they have adjusted somewhat i would say, as he has been a complete flop since mid may.
buyers usually catch on and prices drop, but his cards still get run up to silly levels.
the 2008 sterling auto still gets 35-40, that should be about a 10 card at best.
people just love longo.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
boomo said:
they have adjusted somewhat i would say, as he has been a complete flop since mid may.
buyers usually catch on and prices drop, but his cards still get run up to silly levels.
the 2008 sterling auto still gets 35-40, that should be about a 10 card at best.
people just love longo.

I am not sure if they have adjusted or if his fall off is more because of his chronic hamstring injury. I do hope they adjust though, because I am tired of him being treated like the next Ted Williams.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I personally think it's great that someone is very popular and holds value. We need more of that to keep this hobby going.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I would attribute his falloff recently to his injury more so than he is not the real deal.....everyone goes through slumps, especially when injured...doesnt mean all the sudden he sucks, lol.

TK

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
beefycheddar said:
I personally think it's great that someone is very popular and holds value. We need more of that to keep this hobby going.

I agree. It helps to have those constants that are always big pulls/draws to a product. I just pulled my first ever Longoria auto yesterday, and I liked that even though it's a 4th year card, there's a draw for it.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
deff agree with everyone's points, but it is odd how well he has held while so many others plummet.
i have several nice longos, so i hope they stay solid, but i would like to see some other players
hold also. jason bay is a good example, amazing how cheap some of his stuff is, even though he puts
up good numbers every year.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Not to do any hijacking here, as we both know hijacking will not be tolerated :evil:

Another guy who seems to be holding his value is Adam Jones. His 2003 Premiere UD auto especailly. They have gone from 150 last month to 135 last one that sold. He has 1 HR in 35 games, that is almost a quarter of the season and his average has gone from .372 to .307. Even with this drastic decline his stuff has not moved much.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Why would people not be drawn to a 4th year card?? ::facepalm::

bungle77 said:
beefycheddar said:

I agree. It helps to have those constants that are always big pulls/draws to a product. I just pulled my first ever Longoria auto yesterday, and I liked that even though it's a 4th year card, there's a draw for it.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
uniquebaseballcards said:

bungle77 said:
beefycheddar said:

For the same reason people lose interest in a guy the minute he hits the majors.
I'm not saying it's right, but it happens.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I think you're in a different baseball world than most people are, most people haven't a clue who the player is before he hits the majors!

bungle77 said:
uniquebaseballcards said:

For the same reason people lose interest in a guy the minute he hits the majors.
I'm not saying it's right, but it happens.

Members online