Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Musial tribute at All Star Game?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Anyone heard if they are planning on honoring Stan the Man at the All Star Game? I assume they would do something but haven’t heard anything yet.

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
I would hope so. A card shop that frequently had Musial sign in his shop told me he is in really bad shape, health wise.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
WaxHeaven said:
I would hope so. A card shop that frequently had Musial sign in his shop told me he is in really bad shape, health wise.

Well, his autograph is getting shakier, but a lot of that is age related. If he's doing appearances, I would have guess that he's in pretty decent shape for his age. I guess we'll see at the All-Star game. Stan's one of baseball's best heroes.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I really hope he is well enough to attend because he deserves to be honored as one of the all time greats.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
It would be nice if they could do something with him like they did with Ted Williams in Boston. I was at Stan Musial Day last year, he didn't seem in great shape then, but I hope he can make it out for a day atleast.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Hmm...I was in St Louis too last year and thought he looked pretty damn good for a guy knocking on 90's door. Thought it was great after he got his standing O he went back up to the podium and said the reason he was limping and having a hard time getting around was due to legging out all of those triples as a player. Brought a laugh to most everyone there. If there is a tribute I wish they would announce it as I might have to hope in the car and get to St Louie for the game. I do know one thing is he will be appearing this weekend doing a signing. Wish I could be there.
Brett Keith said:
It would be nice if they could do something with him like they did with Ted Williams in Boston. I was at Stan Musial Day last year, he didn't seem in great shape then, but I hope he can make it out for a day atleast.

In a perfect world, i would be attending the all star game this year, decked out in my mcgwire jersey, screaming my lungs out when he is honored on the field witht he rest of Cardinals players of the past. Maybe even attending the big card show where he would be signing along with the other retired cardinals. But this world is not perfect. Far from it. And i will not be attending the game. I will spending my all star night in NJ, still wearing his jersey.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Musial Collector said:
Hmm...I was in St Louis too last year and thought he looked pretty damn good for a guy knocking on 90's door. Thought it was great after he got his standing O he went back up to the podium and said the reason he was limping and having a hard time getting around was due to legging out all of those triples as a player. Brought a laugh to most everyone there. If there is a tribute I wish they would announce it as I might have to hope in the car and get to St Louie for the game. I do know one thing is he will be appearing this weekend doing a signing. Wish I could be there. [quote="Brett Keith":2alzxc0g]It would be nice if they could do something with him like they did with Ted Williams in Boston. I was at Stan Musial Day last year, he didn't seem in great shape then, but I hope he can make it out for a day atleast.
[/quote:2alzxc0g]

Maybe I don't spend enough time around people his age, so I don't know what to expect? :) I hope he's fine and will be around and active during the All-Star festivities.

Members online