Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Mailday!] *** Ted Williams. Think it'll cross over?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

Got it for a REALLY low price. Title read "ted wiliams signed photo", and there was barely a description. The *** cert checks out, but we all know how *** went with autos (especially Ted's). I've compared it to some JSA and PSA examples, and it looks good, but, once again, very common.

The seller actually just looks like an older hodge-podge collector that isn't really proficient at spelling or selling sports items (he has very few items sold in sports). He actually has a PAIR of A-Rod signed authenticated Yankee Stadium baseballs, and the title is "Signed baseballs".

For $75 DLVD, I had to take a shot.. what do you think?

Williams_Auto.jpg

Williams_AutoClose.jpg

A_Pharis

Ok. What makes me like mine is the fact that the "T" doesn't look so forced and the tail end of the "T" doesn't cross. Also, the circle of the "d" was made by stop and looping back up and around on mine.. on yours the "d" turns back at the same point and path to go back around and under.
Also, the loop from the "d" to the start of the "W" looks a little better in mine (compared to some PSA examples). I'm sure someone can comment on the slant, too. I'm not an expert and I know no one here is, either... but I'd like some more thoughts.

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
Don't really think *** is all that bad-do they make mistakes-sure but---I have seen alot of questionable stuff from JSA lately-especially for Ruth.

A_Pharis

Well, I think it looks good personally, and I guess as long as I have that in my head I'll be fine... it's totally PC so I'm not worried about it turning up fake after I sell it. Any more opinions are welcome!

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
Well, I think it looks good personally, and I guess as long as I have that in my head I'll be fine... it's totally PC so I'm not worried about it turning up fake after I sell it. Any more opinions are welcome!

I'm not an expert on Williams, but it looks good to me. I think the "illiams" wouldn't drop so far below the "W" if someone were carefully forging this. Take that for what it's worth, which isn't much.

Is that an 8X10? I like the images.

A_Pharis

Mighty Bombjack said:
[quote="A_Pharis":2lxdenex]Well, I think it looks good personally, and I guess as long as I have that in my head I'll be fine... it's totally PC so I'm not worried about it turning up fake after I sell it. Any more opinions are welcome!

I'm not an expert on Williams, but it looks good to me. I think the "illiams" wouldn't drop so far below the "W" if someone were carefully forging this. Take that for what it's worth, which isn't much.

Is that an 8X10? I like the images.[/quote:2lxdenex]

It is an 8x10, and thank you!

baberuthfan: I think they sold off, too. I think the newer company is Global Authority Inc. as opposed to Global Authentication Inc. I Think the latter still does the authenticating, though.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
It looks pretty good to me too....only part of it I would question at all is the "a"---it appears that it was gone over again.....especially when a lot of Williams forged items have the "a" open looped instead of closed looped. This almost looks like someone knew the difference and closed the loop....

It also could be that Teddy dotted his "i" on top of the "a"

Just kind of hard to make out in the scan, but in either case I think you would crossover just fine.

TK

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
[quote="Mighty Bombjack":3i8xjgxv][quote="A_Pharis":3i8xjgxv]Well, I think it looks good personally, and I guess as long as I have that in my head I'll be fine... it's totally PC so I'm not worried about it turning up fake after I sell it. Any more opinions are welcome!

Is that an 8X10? I like the images.[/quote:3i8xjgxv]

baberuthfan: I think they sold off, too. I think the newer company is Global Authority Inc. as opposed to Global Authentication Inc. I Think the latter still does the authenticating, though.[/quote:3i8xjgxv]
Their new slabs look TERRIBLE.

Nice Teddy, btw. ;)

A_Pharis

scotty21690 said:
A_Pharis said:
[quote="Mighty Bombjack":1r4djnjx][quote="A_Pharis":1r4djnjx]Well, I think it looks good personally, and I guess as long as I have that in my head I'll be fine... it's totally PC so I'm not worried about it turning up fake after I sell it. Any more opinions are welcome!

Is that an 8X10? I like the images.

baberuthfan: I think they sold off, too. I think the newer company is Global Authority Inc. as opposed to Global Authentication Inc. I Think the latter still does the authenticating, though.[/quote:1r4djnjx]
Their new slabs look TERRIBLE.

Nice Teddy, btw. ;)[/quote:1r4djnjx]

Thank you, sir!

Members online

Latest posts