Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What should the Phillies Package to Trade for Roy Halladay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Wanted to get thoughts on what you think it would take......

SOME OPTIONS
JA HAPP
Jason Donald
Michael Taylor
Kyle Drabek
Dominic Brown
Lou Marson
Jason Knapp
Carlos Carrasco

I would think one of these packages would get it done....

Happ
Donald
Drabek

or

Happ
Marson
Drabek

Any thoughts?

skrip

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
JEA2880 said:
I think Drabek, Happ, and Taylor is a STARTING point. JP has indicated he wants 5-6 solid prospects for Roy.

You could very well be right....

BUt I wold guess that the players after the first three would be in the 10-30 range..... Not top 10 prospect types

skrip

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
I am really against trading Happ. If they trade him, we will still have a problem in the rotation. It's not that I feel he is going to be a future number 1, but he has been very consistent this year and will help the team immensely in the stretch run.

Another thing to consider is the Johan Santana deal. If I'm not mistaken the Twins preferred to trade him out of the league. The only difference is that it's during the season. If a deal isn't done before the deadline, I am willing to bet they get less in the off season if they decide to try to move him.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
If I am the Blue Jays, I would rather hold onto Halladay and trade him at the start of the 2010 season that deal him for Phillies prospects.

These guys would have to be in the deal:

Donald
Brown/Taylor
Happ/Carrassco
Drabeck/Savery

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Hmm....this person sounds familiar.

Jim (Coatesville, PA) - Happ, Donald and Drabek for Halladay - yea or nay?

Jim Callis - The Phillies would do that in a second but I don't see the Jays biting on that one. For me, Donald and Happ have ceilings as solid regulars, and the Jays are going to want more than one guy with a lot of upside for Halladay.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Logan (CA) Do you think this deal gets Halladay for the Phils: Taylor, Drabek, Marson, and PTBNL

Jim Callis (2:05 PM) That one also might work.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Taylor, Drabek, Knapp is what I'd ask for, or Brown in place of Taylor, but I think the Jays would prefer Taylor because he's closer.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
ballerskrip said:
Happ
Donald
Drabek

or

Happ
Marson
Drabek

I'd do either one in a second. Olney, who I think is very good at this kind of thing, suggested the first one earlier today. Either way, I'd do it TODAY.

And then I'd send a (sorta) kind note to the Mets fans to help them make it through the next couple of years of (high-payroll) disappointment.

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
Big Mac McGwire said:
its gonna take 2 BIG players

They wanted Upton and Price in a package for Halladay from the Rays. The phillies will have to cough up big time prospects.

I would **** my pants if the jays got Price and Upton

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
for that price, you can keep him, 32 year olds with lots of innings on their arms tend not to be good guys to give up the farm for.

Unless you can do it for middle level prospects, i'll take my chances on a pitcher of a lower caliber...

Latest posts