Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should I answer this eBay question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GioCollector1089

Aug 7, 2008
Clifton, New Jersey
I just got asked this question regarding a card I'm selling on ebay. I was wondering what you guys thought I should do.

Can you please give a brief inspection of the card. Is there ANY visible (minor or major) damage/manufacturing flaws to the corners and edges of the card(back and front)? How would you describe the condition of the signature on the card (for example, bold signature, smudge-free, fading, scratch-free, etc.)? Thanks

I think its pretty apparent that the potential bidder has the intention of purchasing to grade and is asking me if I think its a 9.5 for him. I myself do not think its a 9.5, and did not grade it myself, but do not consider myself a professional grader by any means. Anyway, do you think I should answer the guys in-depth question or can I just say something along the lines of "the card is nrmt-mt and that is all I feel comfortable claiming as I am not a professional grader." Opinions welcome.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
[quote="GioCollector1089" can I just say something along the lines of "the card is nrmt-mt and that is all I feel comfortable claiming as I am not a professional grader."[/quote]

This is what I always say

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I would answer the question...but I would not make any reference to condition other than no major defects such as dinged corners, creases etc....you have a scan up the shows the card accurately and that you do not grade cards so anything you tell him would just be your opinion.

Depending on what you state for your return policy, I always tell them, that if they are not happy with the card, they can gladly return it and I will refund them the money which is clearly defined in my auction listing....

When I answer the question that way, 99% of the time I never have a problem, and I have been asked these exact questions before especially when I was selling a bunch of Braun and Longoria RC AUTOs.

TK

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Provide a clear scan and tell the bidder you are not a grader but you think it would get AT LEAST a PSA 9 (if you think it would).

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
cgilmo said:
offer a better scan

then take a very detailed scan of the item with it depicted as accurately as possible

and send it to him

Agreed, and a scan of the back of the card would probably go a long way as well...

TK

Members online

Latest posts