Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strangest Delivery for a Pitcher?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Dontrelle Willis and Hideo Nomo come to mind.

What do they have in common? They started strong in their careers and fizzled badly.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Relievers seem have more of the funky deliveries. I suppose the deception helps as they won't see a batter more than once in a game. A few good examples:

Brian Fuentes
Pat Neshek
Chad Bradford

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I've always thought Dave Bush's was unique. He's so closed and stays in front of the ball. I really think it's how well he can hide the ball that has lead to any of his success. He ain't got power, but that ball must be tought to pick up out of his glove, before he turns, or even befoer his glove comes down.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'd rather watch Youkilis bat 1,000 times before watching him throw one pitch. It drives me nuts. I won't watch him pitch and fortunately he's in the NL.

scotty21690 said:
Mike Gonzalez makes me dizzy watching him..

Jaypers said:
Nuke LaLoosh.

"The rose goes in the front, big guy".

hahahahaa

I'm Crash Davis. Im your new catcher.

costner-2.jpg

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009
I guess Cooper Brannan could be listed here.

As you all know, he lost his left "trigger" finger in Iraq, which gives him a uniquely good grip on his left-handed knuckleball. His right-handed conventional delivery is normal, but the fact that he can pitch two different styles with two different arms, especially with his 98mph right handed fastball and his true 12-6 hammer curve and that left-handed 63mph knuckler that he can get across the plate without even a single rotation...he's obviously the most interesting pitcher on this list by far.

Members online