Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you think the Indians could get for Cliff Lee?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
A good lot of prospects considering the offers the Braves are fielding for Javier Vazquez.

Rangers get Cliff Lee

Indians get Jarrod Saltamaccia, Julio Borbon, Chris Davis, and Derek Holland

Indians look good on paper but they currently do not have a farm system to plug in a player once a role player or key contribitor gets hurt. Its been like this since since 2000. The Indians are where they are today because of their bad drafting and developing of players from trades.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
19braves77 said:
A good lot of prospects considering the offers the Braves are fielding for Javier Vazquez.

Rangers get Cliff Lee

Indians look good on paper but they currently do not have a farm system to plug in a player once a role player or key contribitor gets hurt. Its been like this since since 2000. The Indians are where they are today because of their bad drafting and developing of players from trades.

That's way too much for Lee.

He's good but that's a ridiculous haul.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
19braves77 said:
Rangers get Cliff Lee

Cliff Lee warrants these four players!? I don't know if that'd work even if you replaced "Cliff Lee" with "Roy Halladay."

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
rico08 said:
19braves77 said:
Rangers get Cliff Lee

Cliff Lee warrants these four players!? I don't know if that'd work even if you replaced "Cliff Lee" with "Roy Halladay."

I don't see what everyone is talking about this being too much to give for a former CY Young winner....Davis is awful(though he may hit 40 HR's in a year...he may also strike out 200 plus times) Holland is going to be good given time as will Borbon, and Salty is decent...If a team wants a proven big league pitcher they have to give up a good amount

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
ahill1 said:
rico08 said:
19braves77 said:
Rangers get Cliff Lee

I don't see what everyone is talking about this being too much to give for a former CY Young winner....Davis is awful(though he may hit 40 HR's in a year...he may also strike out 200 plus times) Holland is going to be good given time as will Borbon, and Salty is decent...If a team wants a proven big league pitcher they have to give up a good amount

3 of those guys have star potential and another one has a chance to be a very good major leaguer. No chance Lee could get a package anywhere near that good.

Davis is NOT awful. Sure he hasn't lived up to expectations but he is still an elite "prospect". That package could get you a controllable ace. Cliff Lee has had 2 good seasons and 3 mediocre/bad seasons. He's doing well this year but he gives up a lot of hits. Replace Holland and Davis with 2 mid-tier not MLB ready prospects and you might have a chance.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
"not MLB ready prospects"

That is were the Indians have failed. The Rays, Marlins, and Twins can groom them but the Indians cant finish products for some reason.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
trevordchi said:
ahill1 said:
rico08 said:
19braves77 said:
Rangers get Cliff Lee

3 of those guys have star potential and another one has a chance to be a very good major leaguer. No chance Lee could get a package anywhere near that good.

Davis is NOT awful. Sure he hasn't lived up to expectations but he is still an elite "prospect". That package could get you a controllable ace. Cliff Lee has had 2 good seasons and 3 mediocre/bad seasons. He's doing well this year but he gives up a lot of hits. Replace Holland and Davis with 2 mid-tier not MLB ready prospects and you might have a chance.

Where to you get 2 good seasons?He was 14-8,22-3,18-5 that 3 pretty good seasons.I agree thats to much to give up.He could have 8-10 wins rightnow if the bullpen wasn't so crappy....

I would like to see them lock him up,but i don't see that happening.I think the RedSox & Dodgers are going to make a serious attemp to get him before the deadline.

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
Any team that trades for him now is going to have to cough up some serious value to get him, because he has a club option for next year to go along with what you would get from him for the rest of 2009. This isn't a rent-a-player situation.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Is this an unbiased look at what the Indians can get for Lee or are you a fan and this is your WISH list? It seems like the latter to me. That is way too much to give up for 1 pitcher who has had 1 great season. It's been said before and I agree. Most GM's wouldn't do that trade for Halladay.

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
19braves77 said:

Their offense as it stands is good enough to be a contender, and they do have some guys in the minor leagues who could continue to bolster that offense into the future (LaPorta, Santana, Weglarz, etc.). Their pitching on the other hand, especially the bullpen, sucks. This stems from their drafting and player development. I just hope that Hector Rondon and David Huff can buck that trend and turn things around for the future.

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
kdailey4315 said:
Is this an unbiased look at what the Indians can get for Lee or are you a fan and this is your WISH list? It seems like the latter to me. That is way too much to give up for 1 pitcher who has had 1 great season. It's been said before and I agree. Most GM's wouldn't do that trade for Halladay.

He has had more than one great season. 22-3 last season, 18-5 in 2005, and he's pitched well this season too with poor run support. He doesn't command what the Twins got for dealing Johan early, but he won't go on the cheap either. If a team wants him bad enough for the stretch run they will have to put a good package together, and it will have to be packed with near-MLB ready starting pitching. Granted I think the proposed Rangers deal above is a bit extreme.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Bornagaincollector said:
Where to you get 2 good seasons?He was 14-8,22-3,18-5 that 3 pretty good seasons.I agree thats to much to give up.He could have 8-10 wins rightnow if the bullpen wasn't so crappy....

Lee was awful in that 14-8 season. The record indicates nothing of how he really pitched.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Bornagaincollector said:
trevordchi said:
ahill1 said:
rico08 said:
19braves77 said:
Rangers get Cliff Lee

I would like to see them lock him up,but i don't see that happening.I think the RedSox & Dodgers are going to make a serious attemp to get him before the deadline.
Yeah with an ERA+ of 80....Great season there!! ::facepalm::

This season isn't all that great, yeah ERA is decent but his WHIP isn't that great and leading the league in hits.

If the Indians really got Borbon, Holland, Davis, and Salty for him....phew, steal of the century!

Members online

No members online now.