Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kazmir is frustrating to watch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Never a a good inning back to back or a start back to back. Really wish the Rays would just bite the bullet of hurting his feelings, move him to the bullpen has the closer or setup guy, and call up Wade Davis. Surely, Wade Davis can give you more then 6 innings......

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
He has no control of his breaking stuff, its killing him. He can't finish guys off because he can't throw those pitches. He had guys 0-2 only to walk them or lose them in that 4th. Gotta agree he needs to be sent down or something.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
He's a shell of his former self and, as a result, hardly a major league pitcher right now. Fangraphs did a very telling analysis of his season which I posted a while back. He's essentially a completely different pitcher since mid-2008. I really think he's hiding (or isn't aware of) a serious shoulder injury.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
19braves77 said:
Never a a good inning back to back or a start back to back. Really wish the Rays would just bite the bullet of hurting his feelings, move him to the bullpen has the closer or setup guy, and call up Wade Davis. Surely, Wade Davis can give you more then 6 innings......
So the guy has trouble putting together back to back starts and you want him as the closer. ::facepalm:: :lol: :lol:

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Yea, starter and relieving two different beast. He has the mindset of a closer and Xavier said that his problem while with Durham was that he thinks to much about the sequence of pitches rather then just getting an out. That leads to high pitch counts to early in a game which leads to more thinking...

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Watch:

If Kaz's pitches this inning he will walk onee and then serve up a homer to be relieved by his bail out partner Jp Howell.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
I was feeling good after Kazmir's first start back. Ugh. People always talk about the Rays bullpen, but they way they have been pitching, and how shaky the the rotation has been the past few weeks, it will be the starters that keep us out of the playoffs.

bdangelo

Jul 5, 2009
Definitely frustrating. No lead is safe. Even though he had a low pitch count in the first inning, he still gave up a run. He got through six, though, and I doubt he will come out for the seventh.

Bob

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
Rudzud said:
just cut him from my fantasy team. I scooped him up when he came off the DL..ugh

I am just going to bench him for a few weeks, if he doesn't pull it together to the waivers he goes, he was in line for the win, but the Pen is just as bad...

107 PC, 6.1 INN, 9 HA, 2 BBI, 4 K, 7 ER, 9.947 ERA, 1.737 WHIP

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
ProspectorsAdvantage said:
Rudzud said:
just cut him from my fantasy team. I scooped him up when he came off the DL..ugh

I am just going to bench him for a few weeks, if he doesn't pull it together to the waivers he goes, he was in line for the win, but the Pen is just as bad...

Yeah, my team doesnt need that. I'm currently 10.5 points up in first. Cant be making stupid moves.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
ProspectorsAdvantage said:
Rudzud said:

To be fair, the 'pen has been really good for the last month+. You can't call the 'pen bad based on one bad inning by Grant Balfour, who has been one of the Rays worst relievers.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Did some number crunching:

Rays have the worse run differental bullpen in all of baseball meaning they give the starters the most run support of any team in baseball yet the bullpen gives up more......

Right now TB has 9 blown saves in 27 opportunities, that’s 1 out of 3 opportunities lost. Looks like 10 out of 28 tonight.

Compare that with their main competition to get in the playoffs:
Boston - 7 blown saves in 27 opportunities - 26% blown.
NY - 7 blown saves in 25 opportunities - 28% blown.
Let’s say it was switched & TB had the 7 blown saves while Boston & NY each had 9 - TB would only be 1 games back of Boston, but more importantly, 1 games behind NY & 1 game out of the wild card chase.

Members online

Latest posts