Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andruw Jones with 3 homers through 5 innings...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Just missed it. He's still got one more. IMO, if he gets it, he's a lock for the HOF. Bash away...

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
craiger122003 said:
Well the Rangers are loving it considering the Dodgers are paying for it ::facepalm:: :D :D
Yep, whether he gets it or not I will always consider him a piece of crap. Actually I'm pretty happy they got rid of that waste of roster space.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
possibly. he still is only hitting .252 in limited playing time (although he has been playing frequently as of late). im sure if he hits 30 HR's, he'll be a lock. if he only somehow manages 18-20...someone else (i dont know who) could be in line.

kdailey4315 said:
Comeback player of year.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Although I wouldn't mind at all if Andruw went on to win Comeback Player of the Year, I think you have to give it to Russell Branyan right now.

I am probably forgetting someone, but he HAS to be leading that fight at present.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
markakis8 said:
possibly. he still is only hitting .252 in limited playing time (although he has been playing frequently as of late). im sure if he hits 30 HR's, he'll be a lock. if he only somehow manages 18-20...someone else (i dont know who) could be in line.

kdailey4315 said:
Comeback player of year.

Who else is even in the running.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
sheetskout said:
Although I wouldn't mind at all if Andruw went on to win Comeback Player of the Year, I think you have to give it to Russell Branyan right now.

I am probably forgetting someone, but he HAS to be leading that fight at present.

But was Branyan ever really that good to have as season to comeback from? Breakout season yes, but comeback, I don't think so. Where was is other great/really good season.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
kdailey4315 said:
sheetskout said:

But was Branyan ever really that good to have as season to comeback from? Breakout season yes, but comeback, I don't think so. Where was is other great/really good season.

True....I guess. But neither did John Jaha and Gil Meche for that matter.

Jaha had one good season for the Crew in 96' but you get my point.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
JEA2880 said:
How about Miguel Tejada for Comeback Player of the Year? Way better candidate than Jones in my opinion.
Tejada played a full season last year and hit a respectable .283 with 92 runs.
His rbi were down, but he certainly wasn't horrible.
A comeback player of the year candidate is someone who was either hurt most of the previous season or just totally stunk, like hitting .220 with 3 homers, then coming back the next year to have an excellent season.
Tejada doesn't really qualify for what the award is about, at least judging from past winners.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Austin said:
JEA2880 said:
How about Miguel Tejada for Comeback Player of the Year? Way better candidate than Jones in my opinion.
Tejada played a full season last year and hit a respectable .283 with 92 runs.
His rbi were down, but he certainly wasn't horrible.
A comeback player of the year candidate is someone who was either hurt most of the previous season or just totally stunk, like hitting .220 with 3 homers, then coming back the next year to have an excellent season.
Tejada doesn't really qualify for what the award is about, at least judging from past winners.
agreed. jones would've loved to have that season last year haha.

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
Scott Podsednik of the White Sox for comeback player of the year...he wasn 't even on the roster for the first month and now he is batting over .300, 15 sb, 3 hrs while scoring lots of runs for the Sox....oh yeah we even get his wife, the Playboy Playmate back....

Members online