Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Allen & Ginter "Crack the Code" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
We had one of these last year, right? Might as well be the one who gets the discussion going on it this year. Anyone who is busting, let us know what the setup looks like this year. Mini cards as "codes" or just the regular sized ones. What are the decoy inserts saying? I think we have a member here who won last years contest. Maybe he can let us know if hes going to try again.

If you have scans of this years codes that you wouldnt mind sharing please post them as well.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
I sold an SP base to his father, and once I found out who it was, I told him I was going to throw in the mini SP as well. He was very nice, and concerned that he's going to have trouble getting all the parallels since he's an SP, and the father is out of work. If anyone pulls a NNO or Black Border and would let it go cheap, let me know, and I'll put you two in contact.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
is there anyplace that says what the rules are? as i ripped my 08 case knowing it was to late for that, im thinking what exactly are you supposed to do? there are cards with jumbled letters, so is it just a cryptoquip of some kind? what was the answer to last years?

A_Pharis

He's a nice guy it seems. My one and only critique is that I believe he was reading all of the contributions to the community thread that everyone was posting scans to and used that info to help himself along the way.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have done it, but I would tend to say that trying to do the same thing here would probably result in the same finish -- one person taking everyone else's time and contributions for their own gain.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
OK, so I had a guy email me through eBay, asking me if I'd scan all the cards individually for him. He's offering to pay me, but no numbers were exchanged.

1) Ethical?
2) If so, what's a fair price?

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
jdpreas said:
miguelcabrera said:
moxacaine said:
WaxHeaven said:
moxacaine said:
sorry to go OT but does anyone of a scan of the guy who got his own card in this years set?

Not off-topic at all.

frontandback.jpg

thanks!!

does he have a mini, no number, bazooka, and wood parallel like everyone else?

There is not a wood for every card

i pulled his bazooka back 10/25 from my first box.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I opened 2 boxes in front of Topps at FanFest on Sunday and he told me it is going to very tough to do without all of the cards in front of you.

Members online

Latest posts