Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

David Wright Chrome Auto Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
I picked up the below Wright for a great price but the auto--at least in my opinion--is more faded than disclosed. The seller's story is that he was told at a show by BGS that it (the auto) would graded 9. I'm skeptical.

What are your thoughts? Solid 9? Less?

The rest of the card is mint and I know a BGS 9 with a 9 auto isn't the sexiest grade but I'd get it slabbed so upon resale bidders are confident it isn't trimmed.

wrightfaded.jpg

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
sportscardtheory said:
Well, to be honest, the auto on that card is the main selling point. I wouldn't buy a 9 auto when there are so many 10 to be had.

Not an answer to my question, but thanks.

Does anyone believe this auto would grade a 9?

According to BGS, a 9 auto "is a signature that is also very pleasing, but has slight imperfections that barely detract from the autograph. Very light bubbling or micro scratching is allowable, but no yellowing, fading, or smearing. Positioning should be nearly perfect - with just the very tips of a letter or two cut off or hidden."

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
even if it did get a 9 by beckett i would never keep it, i mean the whole point of that card is the auto, but to answer your question i don think it would get a 9.

Wes

OG
Administrator
rico08 said:
sportscardtheory said:
Well, to be honest, the auto on that card is the main selling point. I wouldn't buy a 9 auto when there are so many 10 to be had.

Not an answer to my question, but thanks.

According to BGS, a 9 auto "is a signature that is also very pleasing, but has slight imperfections that barely detract from the autograph. Very light bubbling or micro scratching is allowable, but no yellowing, fading, or smearing. Positioning should be nearly perfect - with just the very tips of a letter or two cut off or hidden."

I'd say that's your answer there. Not a 9.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
LLWesMan said:
rico08 said:

I'd say that's your answer there. Not a 9.

Yeah, I figured as much. The guy is willing to pay grading fees to "prove" its a 9 auto but I'd rather not waste the time.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Send it back, item not as described, be nice about it, and say you dont want to take the chance regardless of him offering to pay for the grading....personally that is nowhere near a 9 AUTO regardless of what someone at a show told him.......I say best case per the scan you provided it is a 7 or 8 at best.

Thanks
TK

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
Whats more odd is that every auto I have see on the 02 BC is blue, not black. That is borderline 8.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Unless he has a sick connection at bgs NO ONE would give him a free evaulation, even then why didnt he just get it graded. Its a BS story.

Members online

Latest posts