Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

fan vote --official

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Really no problem with 5-0 making it, especially with his hot last 2 weeks.

Kemp was probably better candidate, but was on the road all week, which couldn't have helped. And the Philly fans really get behind this vote every year.

But Inge making it over both Kinsler and Lind is just ridiculous, they should have both made original roster anyway!

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Next to Guzman, I thought Victorino was by far the least deserving when compared with Kemp, Pablo or Reynolds. Further proof that the All Star roster means nothing and fan voting means even less.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Pablo should be in there. He has better numbers than Wright and Zimmerman. I don't blame the fan vote as much as the stupid rule that each team has to have a player there. The AS game is about celebrating the players for their outstanding season and not about celebrating the teams.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
kdailey4315 said:
Pablo should be in there. He has better numbers than Wright and Zimmerman. I don't blame the fan vote as much as the stupid rule that each team has to have a player there. The AS game is about celebrating the players for their outstanding season and not about celebrating the teams.
no the all star game is about finding the most popular players.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
jeff550 said:
kdailey4315 said:
Pablo should be in there. He has better numbers than Wright and Zimmerman. I don't blame the fan vote as much as the stupid rule that each team has to have a player there. The intent of the AS game should be about celebrating the players for their outstanding season and not about celebrating the teams.

There fixed it.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
kdailey4315 said:
jeff550 said:
kdailey4315 said:
Pablo should be in there. He has better numbers than Wright and Zimmerman. I don't blame the fan vote as much as the stupid rule that each team has to have a player there. The intent of the AS game should be about celebrating the players for their outstanding season and not about celebrating the teams.

There fixed it.
that is true but with the fan vote is a popularity contest but if should be for players to celebrate a great year.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Eh, maybe the NL will run into a spot where they need a pinch runner

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
Skorris CCBC said:

He actually might start since they really only have Pence to play center(not sure if Upton can/will). Either way he should get some playing time.

I'm really happy for Shane. He's having a really good year and is a great guy.

beberly

Aug 7, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Skorris CCBC said:

Shane has a .310 avg., 6 homeruns, 42 RBI's, 15 stolen bases, 22 doubles, 6 triples, 61 runs and an NL outfielder leading 104 hits (3rd in MLB behind Crawford and Ichiro). He has a heck of a lot more than just speed. He has all around production. He also has tremendous speed in the outfield and runs down balls that many other CF's will not get to.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
gt2590 said:

Kemp was probably better candidate, but was on the road all week, which couldn't have helped. And the Philly fans really get behind this vote every year.

But Inge making it over both Kinsler and Lind is just ridiculous, they should have both made original roster anyway!

I would have thought so too.... but after viewing the stats Inge is having a better year then Kinsler.

NOW yes Lind should have made it above Inge but I am not too upset.... what I am upset at is Lind finished 5th YES 5th lol

Shep :ugeek:

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
shephech said:
gt2590 said:

I would have thought so too.... but after viewing the stats Inge is having a better year then Kinsler.

NOW yes Lind should have made it above Inge but I am not too upset.... what I am upset at is Lind finished 5th YES 5th lol

It's hockey off season. The sports fans up north are in hibernation.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
kdailey4315 said:
shephech said:
gt2590 said:

It's hockey off season. The sports fans up north are in hibernation.

Haha! sure seems that way doesn't it.....

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
gt2590 said:

Kinsler, Inge and Lind had pretty similar numbers offensively with Lind probably having the advantage.

But Inge is a HUGE fan favorite in Detroit and also has played gold glove defense at third base for the Tigers so far this year. I'm not sure how Lind and Kinsler are on defense, but I'd bet that Inge is better than both of them.

Not to mention, the Tigers and Phillies worked out a little deal to advertise during games that they called "Bran Torino"....meaning that if the Phillies vote for BRANdon Inge in the AL while voting for VicTORINO in the NL (since you have the opportunity during voting to vote for both AL and NL at the same time), the Tigers fans in return would vote for Victorino when they went to vote for Inge.

So basically these two guys were getting double votes for the last couple days of the voting which is probably why both of them came from behind to win.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Why are people surprised at any of this? Fans who vote don't analyze stats. They vote for who they want in the game. They're rarely right at these things.

Sure, Lind probably deserved to be an All-Star. But I didn't for a second think he'd finish anywhere other than 4th or 5th. I'm actually surprised he finished below Pena since the Rays have no fans. But I guess Pena's a bigger name anyway.

Members online

Latest posts