Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Time for umpires to call the balk rule

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
I feel like every game i watch, i always here the anouncers saying "oh, i don't even think that was a legal move.. blah blah blah.. ect." Its time to settle this. its so annoying

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
cgilmo said:
the balk rule is subjective

always has been, always will be

i feel like it shouldn't be though, it should be a rule, its either a balk or not. It shouldn't be as subjective as balls and strikes

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
thegreathambino said:
cgilmo said:
the balk rule is subjective

always has been, always will be

i feel like it shouldn't be though, it should be a rule, its either a balk or not. It shouldn't be as subjective as balls and strikes

Balls and strikes shouldn't be as subjective as balls and strikes.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I have to agree with Buck Shcowalter on this: if the balk is illegal, then the fake to 3rd/throw to 1st should be as well.

It's like, lemme get this straight: it's illegal to basically "fake" a move to home plate and throw to 1st b/c THAT'S unfair to the runner, but go ahead and fake to 3rd b/c that's somehow different? um, yeah...

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
theres no question here, i'm just throwing out a statement guys ,.. relax..., and i'm not saying that wolf's "balks" gave them a 6-1 lead, but hey, balks turn into runners, which turn into opportunity

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
thegreathambino said:
theres no question here, i'm just throwing out a statement guys ,.. relax..., and i'm not saying that wolf's "balks" gave them a 6-1 lead, but hey, balks turn into runners, which turn into opportunity

...not for the Mets.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
thenumberonemetfan said:
thegreathambino said:

...not for the Mets.

i guess i can't argue with you, but i still am a big fan of the mets prospects, especially daniel murphy. I hope he doesn't get traded

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts