Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

LET'S GET IT ON..WHO HAS THE BETTER LOOKING CARD

BEST LOOKING DESIGN

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Perhaps the question should be, which company's Posey is going to be more obtainable from packs. You get a good helping of autos in each box of Razor and only one auto in BCDP. Of course your Chromies will probably side with BCDP over Razor.

[email protected]

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
cgilmo said:
That is an unfair comparison

Obviously chrome wins, razor's competition is other unlicensed products.

I understand, but most see this as a battle between Chrome and Razor, w/ Tristar being irrelevant in the prospecting side of the hobby.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Being licensed or not should have nothing to do with the overall look and or design skill level of the graphics department.

But no, it isn't even close. There are at least 5 people on these boards who could design a nicer looking card.

[email protected]

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
cgilmo said:
thenextlevel said:
cgilmo said:

I understand, but most see this as a battle between Chrome and Razor, w/ Tristar being irrelevant in the prospecting side of the hobby.

Razor's main competition is Donruss.

Have we been reading the same board?....ever since razor threw their hat into the ring, it has been all about Razor taking over Topps as the prospecting brand by signing all of the players.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
thenextlevel said:
cgilmo said:
thenextlevel said:
cgilmo said:

Have we been reading the same board?....ever since razor threw their hat into the ring, it has been all about Razor taking over Topps as the prospecting brand by signing all of the players.

But nooooo they are not competition, just wait till they use the chrome technology it will totally be different from bc then.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Not a big fan of either's design, but Razor's products are nothing special. In fact, the cards you showed are fairly ugly in my opinion. Too many vertical lines, way too distracting from the auto.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
thenextlevel said:
cgilmo said:
thenextlevel said:
cgilmo said:

Some people have said that yes. However that isn't true at this time. At the moment Razor just can't challenge the foothold that topps has as far as brand recognition and loyalty. They are simply not in the same league as a card company with topps right now. However I think they can make up ground on donruss, and compete.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Being licensed or not should have nothing to do with the overall look and or design skill level of the graphics department.

But no, it isn't even close. There are at least 5 people on these boards who could design a nicer looking card.

agreed...it looks like a generic ttm auto. if they took the time to redesign them for on card autos, they should have used action shots.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Both are ok. What I don't like about Razor is it does not say what City drafted them. I hope that there is something on the back that says Drafted by Baltimore in 1st Round or something like that.

Not going to be fun doing a team break.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
Halonut said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

agreed...it looks like a generic ttm auto. if they took the time to redesign them for on card autos, they should have used action shots.

But that would of meant redesign, which costs time and money. Razor needs to release these as close to the other draft releases as possible or they will be left behind.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
ru4scuba said:
Halonut said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

But that would of meant redesign, which costs time and money. Razor needs to release these as close to the other draft releases as possible or they will be left behind.

Also they would be left behind if they release a sub par designed card so its a double edged sword. I just cant believe after having time to design these this is what has come of all their hard work. Even I was expecting more and thats saying something since I really didnt care anymore about this release.

Members online

No members online now.