Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Keep us informed on Fanfest PLEASE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfan86

Aug 13, 2008
Central,IL
I am heading down to St Louis for the Derby and the AS game next week but am considering going to Fanfest.
I am hoping that people that are attending can give updates as to what to expect in the way of
1.# of dealers
2.Types of cards (good selection of wax or mostly vintage etc..)
3.Autograph lines
4.Freebies
And so on

I myself and wondering if there are going to be any dealers with Full Game Worn Jerseys. I am always on the lookout for Cubs Game Worn and because it is a All Star event I hope it is not 95% Cardinals crap like most of the St Louis area card shows.

Thanks

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
the fan fest in Detroit if i remember right didn't have any cards. don't know about game used jerseys. that was a great year for me. box seats for the home run derby and seats 2 rows back from the dugout for the all star game.

Hold Steady

Jul 7, 2009
cleveland
I've been to two Fan Fests.

The 1997 Cleveland one was the best one. There were tons of dealers and freebies being handed out not to mention exclusive cards given away when you purchased packs (Redemption Programs). Lots of wax and plenty of cards dealing with the All-Stars for the 97 year. However, it might have seemed gigantic because I was 10.

The 2006 one in Pittsburgh was nice, but it seemed very fabricated. There were so many more ads and open space that could have been used up. The card end of the Fan Fest was pretty weak. Most if the dealers dealt game-used items such as bats, helmets, and things of that ilk. The few card guys didn't have much wax, most of it was open single packs and high end singles. It honestly felt like a dealer p*ssing contest instead of a card show. That and plenty of Mcfarlane's.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
I went last night for a preview and will spend most of Saturday there. From what I saw it was mostly vintage and wax. One guy had nice high end modern stuff. Topps has free promo packs and the wrapper resmption for it and UD. Lines will be pretty long unless they were getting the kinks worked out last night. Hope this helps.

cubfan86

Aug 13, 2008
Central,IL
Codasco07 said:
I went last night for a preview and will spend most of Saturday there. From what I saw it was mostly vintage and wax. One guy had nice high end modern stuff. Topps has free promo packs and the wrapper resmption for it and UD. Lines will be pretty long unless they were getting the kinks worked out last night. Hope this helps.

Was everything set up last night? Did you see any game used Jerseys?

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
I went to the one in NY last year. The auto line was about 3 hours. Players were only signing for two hours, and in was unannounced who was going to sign. I decided not to spend 3 hours considering you had no idea who you were going to get.

In 1998 here in Colorado the auto line was only 45 minutes.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
cubfan86 said:
Codasco07 said:

Was everything set up last night? Did you see any game used Jerseys?

for the most part, everything was up. I did nt have much time in the dealer area, so I don't know about the jerseys.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I've been to four Fanfests--Baltimore 93, Colorado 98, Milwaukee 02, and Chicago 03. The auto lines are always long, and require some luck--get in line for the guy after the current signer, because the lines move so slow. (that's how I got my Will Clark auto on 03.) Getting the wrapper redemption cards are always great, and Topps used to do a crazy pack wars and give away a bunch of stuff--I got a hat once. Check out the whole floor for other booths, you never know who'll be signing--that's how I got a Todd McFarlane auto in 02 (he was signing at his own booth.) Wish I could go this year. Have fun and let us know how it goes!

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
Last year's FanFest in NYC did have a wide selection of cards. Infact Topps was there holding contests for kids where kids could win free boxes of cards. Upper Deck held a contest where for every 3 packs of UD Cards you opened in front of them they would give a free pack of cards.

I wanted to meet some players that attended for the free autographs. Lets just say, unless you go on the line right once the thing starts, you will have to wait a while. The activity lines were terrible as well. 1 hour lond I'd say. Taco Bell's free promotions are nice.

Freebies are a very wide selection. Lots of contests/givaways/promotions depending on when you go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts