Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Showing off my new scanner and.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
......it's not a Canon :lol:

Shared this with the Morning Thread crew today, and thought since this is
such a frequent topic of discussion on the boards, I'd share with everyone :grouphug:

For those that don't know, I talked to Canon yesterday, and they have discontinued the
Canoscan 4400f. Their only low-end CCD option is now the 5600f for $150.

So, I did some looking around and picked up this Epson Perfection V300 last night from Tiger Direct/Comp USA. To say the least, I am blow away by the night and day difference from my old HP all-in-one. I'm no expert by any means, but it seems to have all the functionality of the 4400f, and for only $80 bucks. It picks up refractors, scans through slabs, and comes with some great editing/correcting software from ArcSoft.

See for yourself.....

img004.jpg
img014.jpg

img003.jpg
img006.jpg

Scanned this one through a SGC slab.

Haven't messed around with the MYRIAD settings yet, but it seems to have
all of the capabilities and then some. Thanks for looking!

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
chashawk said:
......it's not a Canon :lol:

Shared this with the Morning Thread crew today, and thought since this is
such a frequent topic of discussion on the boards, I'd share with everyone :grouphug:

For those that don't know, I talked to Canon yesterday, and they have discontinued the
Canoscan 4400f. Their only low-end CCD option is now the 5600f for $150.

So, I did some looking around and picked up this Epson Perfection V300 last night from Tiger Direct/Comp USA. To say the least, I am blow away by the night and day difference from my old HP all-in-one. I'm no expert by any means, but it seems to have all the functionality of the 4400f, and for only $80 bucks. It picks up refractors, scans through slabs, and comes with some great editing/correcting software from ArcSoft.

See for yourself.....

img004.jpg
img014.jpg

img003.jpg
img006.jpg

Scanned this one through a SGC slab.

Haven't messed around with the MYRIAD settings yet, but it seems to have
all of the capabilities and then some. Thanks for looking!

There should be a setting so you won't get that rainbow effect on your cards..

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Pinbreaker said:
That's part of the reason why I like this scanner though.
Those 3 cards are refractors. On my old HP, they looked like this:

2005ToppsPristineEncasedRefractor53.jpg
2005FinestBlueRefractor286-299.jpg

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
chashawk said:
Pinbreaker said:
That's part of the reason why I like this scanner though.
Those 3 cards are refractors. On my old HP, they looked like this:

2005ToppsPristineEncasedRefractor53.jpg

2005FinestBlueRefractor286-299.jpg

Take some cards that you have scanned in the past and play with the settings and just have fun.. when you get to some that you like, write down the steps, so you can repeat the process..

The reason I picked the scanner I have, is I use the exact same one at work where they paid HP $850 for it a few years ago.. Also, you can pull off the inside of the lid, and there is a slide scanner for scanning old slides..

I have the HP scanner and a Canon LIDE scanner as well.. I use the Canon scanner for quit scans.. and the HP for special types of scans like graded cards, Sweet Spot Auto's etc..

Also the software you use might have some unique features as well..

I think there needs to be a scanner thread with some examples from various scanners that the different members use and the settings they scan with...

Great job..

P.S. I recently picked up a WD Passport (500GB) to put my scans on instead of having them on various thumb drives, and hard drives, etc..

Latest posts