Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Mets haven't homered in 66 innings.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
That's crazy if you think about it. Any idea what the record is?

Jeff Francoeur will bat fifth in his Mets debut on Saturday night against the Reds.
With his No. 7 taken by Jose Reyes, Francoeur will wear No. 12. The Mets hope that Francoeur can add some much-needed power to a lineup that hasn't homered in 66 innings.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Great just what the Mets need,another low batting average with warning track power.Way to go Minaya.How many more years of this until us fans can start using the Brooklyn Dodgers Dem Bums saying?
Mike

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Minaya makes the trades.I blame him.Great job he has done.The only trade that looked half way decent was the Putz deal.We all have seen how thats worked.I also miss Bannister.Ruben who?
Mike

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
hofmichael said:
Minaya makes the trades.I blame him.Great job he has done.The only trade that looked half way decent was the Putz deal.We all have seen how thats worked.I also miss Bannister.Ruben who?
Mike

i'd love to have brian bannister right now. And what do you consider the Johan deal?? traded 4 prospects, who none have really panned out to be anything unbelievable, for the best pitcher in basebalL??? i'd call that good too. But, i want Minaya out also

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
thegreathambino said:
hofmichael said:
Mike

i'd love to have brian bannister right now. And what do you consider the Johan deal?? traded 4 prospects, who none have really panned out to be anything unbelievable, for the best pitcher in basebalL??? i'd call that good too. But, i want Minaya out also

You win that one.Some how I also forget that we traded to get him.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
What are we talking, 7 or 8 games? That hardly seems "crazy" to me. Sad, yes. Crazy? Not really..

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
matfanofold said:
What are we talking, 7 or 8 games? That hardly seems "crazy" to me. Sad, yes. Crazy? Not really..

Has any other team come close to not homering in 66 innings this year? Remember the streak is still on going into tonight.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
matfanofold said:

Has any other team come close to not homering in 66 innings this year? Remember the streak is still on going into tonight.

How the heck should I know?

I'm not saying that an 8 game homerless streak is not discouraging,,or evn terrible, but crazy? Not really considering the team that is playing. Bad? Yes. Crazy, not really. 20+ games would be crazy to me, but then again, I guess we are just splitting hairs.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
hofmichael said:
matfanofold said:
hofmichael said:
matfanofold said:
Are you quit swearing me?Have you watched any of this season yet?

Every single game.
And you don't think this is absurd?You have a high tolerance for watching *censor* then.
Mike

No, not really. I do not consider the "home run" the end all be all to baseball. There is so much more I take from the game. But yes, watching the mets this year has been painful.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts