Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pedroia out of ASG, Carlos Pena in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yankeeshater

Aug 7, 2008
I wonder why they wouldn't stick in Kinsler to take over for Pedroia. That seems to make the most sense, with Kinsler being 2nd in the fan voting and being a 2nd basemen...

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
How about Luke Scott? Good lord... .305avg 18HR 51RBI in only 233AB's. He's got to be one of the top 5 hitters in baseball right now.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
Heard the same thing, but speculation has been Pedroia would either miss the game or only go to St. Louis for the game on Tuesday because his wife is pregnant. Apparently, the pregnancy is not going well.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
Kinlser doesn't deserve to be on the team. Cano would have gone over him. This was most likely the last chance to get the AL HR Leader on the roster though and IDK how you could leave off your leagues HR Leader no matter what his average is.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
Glad to see my guy get in there...Not too sure if he deserves it with the low batting average, and all the strikeouts, but hey I will gladly take it....Just another insert set for him to be in now :D

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
cowboysrule48 said:
Zobrist will probably be playing 2nd in the game now...

+1

Really glad he made the team. Anyone that tries to claim it's Maddon playing favorites is just not paying attention.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Maddon could have easily selected Howell or Garza over wakefield and opted not to.

Charlie Manuel he for sure played favorites but the old man does not care.

pujolsjunkie said:
cowboysrule48 said:
Zobrist will probably be playing 2nd in the game now...

+1

Really glad he made the team. Anyone that tries to claim it's Maddon playing favorites is just not paying attention.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
I would personnaly much rather see Kinsler for Pedroia. 2B for 2B. But you cant blame Maddon at all. Leading the AL in homers isnt exactly easy. Without a DH this year, its going to be a tough choice for Maddon to decide when to play his 3 firstbaseman.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
abncollectsautos said:
I would personnaly much rather see Kinsler for Pedroia. 2B for 2B. But you cant blame Maddon at all. Leading the AL in homers isnt exactly easy. Without a DH this year, its going to be a tough choice for Maddon to decide when to play his 3 firstbaseman.

Both side are now going to have 4 1Bs.

It does seem odd to take another especially when you are down a different position. Cabrera could have very easily been in the game too. That's what's nuts about 1B this season. It's more stacked than normal.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
nborton said:
abncollectsautos said:

Both side are now going to have 4 1Bs.

It does seem odd to take another especially when you are down a different position. Cabrera could have very easily been in the game too. That's what's nuts about 1B this season. It's more stacked than normal.

Very true. It seems like nearly every team has a 1B who is tearing the cover off the ball.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
How the heck was Charile playing favorites and Maddon not by taking Pena? Pena is the WORST replacement player for Pedroia he could've taken.

Miguel Cabrera (how this guy is STILL not on the AS team or at least recognized is beyond me)
Adam Lind
Russell Branyan
Luke Scott
Juan Rivera
Paul Konerko
Ian Kinsler
Robinson Cano
Scott Rolen
Chone Figgins
Nick Markakis

Anyone of those would've been a COMPLETELY better choice than a buy batting .230 with 111 strikeouts. I don't care if he is leading the AL in HR. There were just sooooo many better choices than Carlos Pena - he wasn't even the best or second best 1B option! Pena is a watered-down Ryan Howard.

This was definitely a case of playing favorites. And the only argument you have for Charlie playing favorites is Ryan Howard.

Huffamaniac said:
Maddon could have easily selected Howell or Garza over wakefield and opted not to.

yakacack

Apr 13, 2009
Tampa, FL
I think I'd decline if I was hitting .230 and striking out 111 times in 88 games and counting. Apparently he's going to participate in the Derby so heres to hoping that doesnt screw up his swing and bring that average down...

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Jayson Werth was a questionable selection. I would take Kemp and a few others over him

markakis8 said:
How the heck was Charile playing favorites and Maddon not by taking Pena? Pena is the WORST replacement player for Pedroia he could've taken.

Miguel Cabrera (how this guy is STILL not on the AS team or at least recognized is beyond me)
Adam Lind
Russell Branyan
Luke Scott
Juan Rivera
Paul Konerko
Ian Kinsler
Robinson Cano
Scott Rolen
Chone Figgins
Nick Markakis

Anyone of those would've been a COMPLETELY better choice than a buy batting .230 with 111 strikeouts. I don't care if he is leading the AL in HR. There were just sooooo many better choices than Carlos Pena - he wasn't even the best or second best 1B option! Pena is a watered-down Ryan Howard.

This was definitely a case of playing favorites. And the only argument you have for Charlie playing favorites is Ryan Howard.

Huffamaniac said:

Members online

Latest posts