Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My First Razor Metal Buy... Opinons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
I just came across this today and thought I would buy one. I have a lot of Razor Hosmer stuff including the /5 so I thought I would add. His average or homers hasn't been great yet. However, he has been a RBI machine. Anyone else buy one?
They were $20.00

/53
Razor_Metal_auto_eric_hosmer_blue_x.jpg

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I picked up my first Razor Metal Auto's a couple weeks ago... (5) Jemile Weeks Blue Auto's for $10/pop. Seemed like a pretty solid price given his upside and production so far this season, and the print run was 53 I believe. Don't know too much about Hosmer but nice card!

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
JEA2880 said:
I picked up my first Razor Metal Auto's a couple weeks ago... (5) Jemile Weeks Blue Auto's for $10/pop. Seemed like a pretty solid price given his upside and production so far this season, and the print run was 53 I believe. Don't know too much about Hosmer but nice card!

Yeah I just hope Razor sends me a gradeable one... I saw Chris's Crow blue that graded a 9.5 and it looked sharp

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
i also picked up, Brad HOlt Blue's, #ed to like 55 or something. Brad Holt is heating up, he's gonna be a mets star in a few years. GO HOLT!!

MattinglyAlexander

Dec 17, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I like them, but they need more detail, including information on the backs and serial numbers.
My only Razor Metals on my dusty arse scanner.
CowgillRazorMetal.png

I wanted to get more gold because I noticed they didn't all go via auction.
Was told only listed ones were available. That sucked. :|

mike1870

Nov 3, 2008
Hosmer I think is a great pickup. I got one of the blues and one of the golds. I agree with the above poster that I do wish there was serial numbering and some information on the back.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
cgilmo said:
ive sent many to be graded

the crow is the only gem thus far I have gotten

add about 25 to that from me and only one gem, which was a base card (not an auto)

these metals seem like a tough grade, and any 9.5 should carry a nice premium

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
arod305 said:
I just came across this today and thought I would buy one. I have a lot of Razor Hosmer stuff including the /5 so I thought I would add. His average or homers hasn't been great yet. However, he has been a RBI machine. Anyone else buy one?
They were $20.00

/53
Razor_Metal_auto_eric_hosmer_blue_x.jpg

I think the gold's (w/only 27 made) were a far better deal as they are ending for $23-$24ish range. I was thinking about picking up a blue at $20+s/h but I saw the gold's ending at only a few dollars more, which leads me to worry a bit about the hobbies outlook on these...I mean I understand Hosmer isn't performing up to expectation's, and this in itself could have been a key point in explaining the cause of these seemingly very low completed sv's on these "IF" it were only Hosmer who was selling at such a seemingly low SV. But I'm not just speaking of Hosmer here, as these are seemingly low across the board, which I believe is why so many think they're landing such great deals & they very well could be (let me be very clear that I am not trying to take anything away from those of you who are buying these, as I cannot fore-tell the future & cannot forecast the future SV's/worth of these card's! I am only stating what I have recently seen through completed auction listing's & then coming to a conclusion by comparing thier worth, or what they "should" be selling for, in comparison to thier UD USA counterpart's!)....
Either way, I guess for $20ish you really can't complain getting a SP'd Hosmer auto! :D

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:

My local card shop owner would pay nicely for the Crow, because everyone in KC is wanting them now...

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
arod305 said:
cgilmo said:

My local card shop owner would pay nicely for the Crow, because everyone in KC is wanting them now...

it is possibly fs

What were the blues selling for before you graded it?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
arod305 said:
cgilmo said:
arod305 said:
cgilmo said:

it is possibly fs

i believe I paid 10 bucks for the raw card

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
arod305 said:
cgilmo said:
arod305 said:
cgilmo said:

it is possibly fs

i believe I paid 10 bucks for the raw card

Haha. I am glad I just learned that. A member here said he paid 25 for them directly from Razor, I knew that wasn't right...

Well once you do a little research just pm me

Members online

Latest posts