Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UPDATE on the red sox ordeal! SCANS-SOX FANS WILL LIKE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redsoxfan2510

Aug 9, 2008
Boston
As some of you may remember, last August I got kicked out of the Red Sox game with 2 of my friends for "interfering" on David Ortiz's homerun ball (it was a homerun!) to the centerfield bleachers- well they came through!

if some of you are unfamiliar with the stories, here's one from the local paper (the ones from the herald have been archived and i'm not sure how to get to them)

http://www.dailynewstribune.com/homepag ... Papi-pride

Well, they ended up giving me 2 tickets to the Red Sox game against the Braves on June 19th and promising that i'd get the ball signed. We met a representative at the gate at 4:30, and they took us down to watch bp on the field which was AWESOME...except we were on the field for literally 2 minutes before it started pouring! We waited a little and they then took us on a tour around the stadium until game time- awesome nontheless. I had to give the ball to the red sox rep to get signed and I just got it back signed today- came out awesome!!

papi.jpg
penny.jpg
rainblows.jpg
meandjoe.jpg
6da4e1c1.jpg
bay.jpg
a couple of pictures we took from our seats

Here's the ball! As you can see it is inscribed "To Steve, Nice Catch!" which is AWESOME because I didn't even ask for it...and it also looks like he scribbled big papi next to his signature...couldn't be happier!

nicecatch.jpg
papiball.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
congrats on getting the ball back. that's cool he added an inscription and those seats look awesome.

great pic of Bay as well.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
nice catch haha that is an absolutely awesome story...and great piece to hand down for generations

redsoxfan2510

Aug 9, 2008
Boston
matchpenalty said:
Great item. You going to make any kind of display with all the info on the story and ticket stub from game.

I have a ton of the newspapers stored in the attic and I plan on hopefully getting a whole shadow box made where I can display all the articles and the ball- should be cool!

Latest posts