Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Winter/Fall league baseball - any word on how it's working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
Since the contract with the Hawaiian Winter League expired and MLB expressed no interest in renewing, there was a lot of talk that it would all merge in Phoenix.
This is what I heard in December - but haven't heard anything about it since then. I'd imagine the MLB knows how they are going to handle it by now. Did I miss something? I can't find any info anywhere.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Three options are on the table:

A. Have the higher levels teams play at night and the low level teams play in the afternoon in the same stadiums with day or night games changing daily between the two leagues.

B. Have the Lower level league start 3 weeks after the high level team completes its season.

C. Have the Lower A league start at the same time has the higher level league starts but playing in different stadiums then the current stadiums for the AFL.

Only thing holding up a decision is MLB wants a stronger commitment with all teams sending players if they are going to foot the bill.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm still mourning the loss of Hawaii Winter Baseball.
I loved going to those games.
It was fun watching guys like Joba Chamberlain, Matt Wieters, Buster Posey, Dexter Fowler, etc. before they made the Majors.
Now, except for the University of Hawaii, there's no baseball for 2,400 miles across the Pacific in California. :cry:

Members online