Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A COOL LOOK INSIDE CORKED BATS...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Why do we keep getting news on players cheating every few month?
Do they plan this so people remember baseball player are cheater?
I am sick of it, either make it full season ban or these guy will keep cheating.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Remember this infamous "bat" card from 2000, that led to the ultimate demise of Pacific Trading Cards?
The story goes, Pacific bought a questionable bat from a third party source which contained this cork, instead of getting it straight from Ramirez or the Indians.
MLB got pissed and yanked Pacific's license.

1-48.jpg

C.L.258

Dec 11, 2008
Calgary, AB, Canada, eh?
Austin said:
Remember this infamous "bat" card from 2000, that led to the ultimate demise of Pacific Trading Cards?
The story goes, Pacific bought a questionable bat from a third party source which contained this cork, instead of getting it straight from Ramirez or the Indians.
MLB got pissed and yanked Pacific's license.

1-48.jpg
lol i remember that

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Gellman said:
CISCOKID23 said:
I have never seen a bat corked like this...sorry if this has been posted already

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news ... &fext=.jsp

Didnt they establish on Mythbusters that corked bats dont really do much?

Does not matter, media will kill it. Roids do not help much either, but people think they do and that is all that matters. Roids help ALOT in football but noone cares.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Honestly why would you try all it takes is one buzzsaw from a flamethrower
and your bat is in the hands of the other teams player looking at it ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
bodiaz said:
Gellman said:
CISCOKID23 said:
I have never seen a bat corked like this...sorry if this has been posted already

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news ... &fext=.jsp

Didnt they establish on Mythbusters that corked bats dont really do much?

Does not matter, media will kill it. Roids do not help much either, but people think they do and that is all that matters. Roids help ALOT in football but noone cares.
Roids definitely help a lot. Just look at the guy in your sig. He was a good power hitter before steroids, but he became the best power hitter ever because of them.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
That is the mistake you haters make! It was not because of roids. The only thing roids did was help keep him in shape so he could play well longer. The older you get, the more experieced you become as a hitter. You learn pitchers, you learn yourself, you learn to lay off junk pitches. Bonds had the best eye, and was more selective than anyone in the history of the game. Roids do not give you that. Most great hitters become better with age, the problem is the body breaks down by the time they learn how to hit. Hate all you want, noone was more feared than Bonds! I have heard it said steriods may add 15 to 25 feet to a homerun on average. His bombs were not wall scrappers! They would have went out without the extra help. I agree he would not have hit 73 without roids, but he still would have caught Aaron without them. He would not have been walked 232 in one year, he would have seen more good pitches to hit, and he would not be black balled right now. Those extra 750-1000 at bats would have let him beat the record.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
bodiaz said:
That is the mistake you haters make! It was not because of roids. The only thing roids did was help keep him in shape so he could play well longer. The older you get, the more experieced you become as a hitter. You learn pitchers, you learn yourself, you learn to lay off junk pitches. Bonds had the best eye, and was more selective than anyone in the history of the game. Roids do not give you that. Most great hitters become better with age, the problem is the body breaks down by the time they learn how to hit. Hate all you want, noone was more feared than Bonds! I have heard it said steriods may add 15 to 25 feet to a homerun on average. His bombs were not wall scrappers! They would have went out without the extra help. I agree he would not have hit 73 without roids, but he still would have caught Aaron without them. He would not have been walked 232 in one year, he would have seen more good pitches to hit, and he would not be black balled right now. Those extra 750-1000 at bats would have let him beat the record.

Steroids increase strength. Strength increases bat speed. Increased bat speed gives you more distance, but also gives you more time to recognize a pitch and still get around on it. The distance that the balls traveled is immaterial to the discussion on how much steroids helped Barry Bonds. The point is that a 40+ year old man simply can't catch up to a fastball in excess of 95 mph without the aid of steroids to increase how quickly his bat gets around. We can go back and forth all day about how much it helped him, but the fact that it helped him at all makes him a cheater.

Members online